A new de-enabling thread

fairyhedgehog

That's a shame, Sulis.

I do prefer decks I can read with. Ah well.

magpie9

Sulis said:
I bought this deck for my daughter. She really loves the images and wants to learn to read so we went for it.
What a mistake.. The meanings of the cards don't particularly gel with any system and you can't get the meaning from the images at all.
They're pretty pictures but in my opinion are practically unreadable and a huge disappointment to both my daughter (who thought she was going to get a lovey, girly fairy deck that she could actually learn to read) and to me (who thought I'd be able to teach my daughter to read a deck with images that she really loves and feels drawn to)...
You might try a Hanson-Roberts for her--it worked really well for my kids, back in the day....Erm...:eek: *I'm off topic*...*wild scramble* but don't try the mystic faeries, pretty pretty pictures, completely impossible to read with. Apparently nobody ever told them they were supposed to be a tarot deck, let alone explain what that means. Oy :rolleyes:

swimming in tarot

I know I'm late, but I can't believe you let SuperFrog, who works at Borders and has an employee discount, get away! S/he might have been persuaded to use those employee discount superpowers for the good of all! [wink]

.traveller.

swimming in tarot said:
I know I'm late, but I can't believe you let SuperFrog, who works at Borders and has an employee discount, get away! S/he might have been persuaded to use those employee discount superpowers for the good of all! [wink]

What an interesting idea. My co-worker's boyfriend works at Barnes and Noble... I think I see a Mystic Faerie Tarot in my future .traveller. wanders off to ponder the possibilities...

Le Fanu

I don´t know why we´re still trying to de-enable fairyhedghog from the Fairie deck. It looks so cheap; being a kiddies deck it must only cost a couple of dollars. I mean, just look at it. Plus staff discount and it must cost no more than the price of a Mars bar. Hardly going to burn a hole in her pocket...

*trying any tactic*

gregory

We are still trying because we CARE - we want to save her from herself and the shame she will feel when the bloody thing arrives....

I mean - it's just awful. I only have it because someone here was so desperate to get shot that they offered me a huge discount and I thought it was kind to help her out.... :|

nisaba

magpie9 said:
You might try a Hanson-Roberts for her--it worked really well for my kids, back in the day....Erm...:eek: *I'm off topic*...*wild scramble* but don't try the mystic faeries, pretty pretty pictures, completely impossible to read with. Apparently nobody ever told them they were supposed to be a tarot deck, let alone explain what that means. Oy :rolleyes:
At this point, I will mention that it's also pretty hard to de-enable someone on the whimsical deck as a teaching deck for a young girl, so it's best I don't mention it at all.

nisaba

.traveller. said:
What an interesting idea. My co-worker's boyfriend works at Barnes and Noble... I think I see a Mystic Faerie Tarot in my future .traveller. wanders off to ponder the possibilities...
<panicking> No you don't! Not in this thread if I can help it!

The very idea - a fairy deck? Tell me, how do Tarot, which is hard and real, and fairies, which are soft and Fwuffi, ever work together?

Don't do it - you'll live to regret it. All those lacy wings and sparkly wands are guaranteed to cast a spell that turns your brain to liquid and allows it to leak slowly out of your ears all over your shoulders.

fairyhedgehog

Le Fanu said:
I don´t know why we´re still trying to de-enable fairyhedghog from the Fairie deck.
gregory said:
We are still trying because we CARE - we want to save her from herself and the shame she will feel when the bloody thing arrives....

You can cease your efforts! I'm no longer yearning for it. If I have another deck in mind I'll take it to a different thread where I can get a balanced view. But Faeries? No way!

.traveller.

nisaba said:
<panicking> No you don't! Not in this thread if I can help it!

The very idea - a fairy deck? Tell me, how do Tarot, which is hard and real, and fairies, which are soft and Fwuffi, ever work together?

Don't do it - you'll live to regret it. All those lacy wings and sparkly wands are guaranteed to cast a spell that turns your brain to liquid and allows it to leak slowly out of your ears all over your shoulders.

And all this time I thought it was my sinuses draining.... :laugh:
Almost went to the bookstore today, but inertia and a desperate need to do laundry won out. De-enabled for another week :D