A new de-enabling thread

Le Fanu

Just discovered that Fey thread; the Fey Tarot is going OOP? Theoretically I should tremble here with the need to buy it because it´s on the verge of being OOP.

But you know what? Im not tempted in the slightest.

Just coz it´s going OOP doesn´t make it desirable. hey - see! - you can sometimes de-enable yourself. I just did!

It´s just SO easy not to want the Fey Tarot.

Effortless! Do I get a round of applause?

thorhammer

Le Fanu said:

*claps mightily* Yes! I'm exactly the same! OOP??? Meh. Who cares? DIdn't want it before, don't want it now :)

And v. pleased with self :D

\m/ Kat

Le Fanu

What prized de-enablers we are. High fives!

We deserve more than a round of applause, I think...

Debra

Le Fanu said:
What prized de-enablers we are. High fives!

We deserve more than a round of applause, I think...

You bet!

Let's each of us treat ourselves to a new deck!

Manda

stormdancer339 said:
And so you SHOULD be young Lady. Did you or did you NOT just purchase another deck TODAY??? !!!

(You can run but you can't hide!!..MWAHAHA)

Take the time to appreciate the one coming your way before going out on a limb...

Who knows, the one coming may just be THE deck for you!

Stormdancer...who grew up in Golden, CO..maybe it's the altitude that's gotten to you???

o_O

Oh my... it really is a small world! And you are right, just because I WANT something doesn't mean I NEED it, and you are right, because I have not one, but two highly coveted (by me) decks on their way to me.

Also, it probably IS gimmicky and cheeseball and I probably wouldn't ever read with it (like most of my decks haha).

Thanks sooo much, folks!

GreenMoonBeam

I have an onerous task here.:bugeyed: Now if it is ooo, so be it. But I think I
must most seriously call upon the masterful/mistresserful de-enablers. I am not
sure how to tell you this. BUT I shall be brave.:bugeyed:

sravana is hankering after more decks!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lenormand types. Sound the
alarms!!!!! On the 'what's the postman bringing thread' pleading for permission
to buy......spending money that could go to the poodle-puppy. So sneaky>

cardlady22

sravana! Those Lenormands breed like rabbits! There is a reason why they are such a low-price. It's like getting the "free" ink jet printer with your brand spanking new PC. They know the supplies/accessories will more than make up for what they didn't get at the outset.

I thought I was smart. I said to myself, I will only get versions NOT recommended for Sylvie's course. But, they are insidious! They just got me to print out "samples" to show the different versions to my friends & family. Now they are buying the decks I didn't!

Rosanne

OK this is a hard one- I need to have a deck for reading. For my granddaughter.
So I thought I might buy this one....
http://www.tarotgarden.com/boutique/onlinecatalog.php?view_title=fairy+tarots&rs=3378

The Fairy Tarot.
I have not one deck that is suitable except the overly large Inner Child Tarot
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/inner-child/
which she appears bored with anyhow. No cats- no dogs- no gummy bears and I cannot obtain the Children's Tarot.

So what is wrong with this deck?
It looks quite fun and story weaving.
There is bound to be something I can latch on to, that gets me out of spending
NZ for US dollars.

~Rosanne

Debra

You already use the Fantastic Menagerie for family readings, right?

Why wouldn't that be appropriate for readings with your grandchild?

Although...if you want to give her a deck, I'd say it's Gummy Bears hands down.

Sulis

Le Fanu said:
Just discovered that Fey thread; the Fey Tarot is going OOP? Theoretically I should tremble here with the need to buy it because it´s on the verge of being OOP.

But you know what? Im not tempted in the slightest.

Just coz it´s going OOP doesn´t make it desirable. hey - see! - you can sometimes de-enable yourself. I just did!

If you read to the end of that thread you will discover that it is NOT going out of print. Riccardo says that there have been distribution problems, that's all. So no need to rush out and buy it (although if you didn't want it when it was in print why would you want it if it was out of print?).