A new de-enabling thread

magpie9

And the art isn't even charming! It's crummy-looking. It probably took 5 minutes to paint with a washed-out watercolor brush.
ICK.

.traveller.

The art is kind of uneven, and I bet it won't be nearly as vibrant in person. The execution is downright clumsy on some of the cards.

So you are just collecting? You don't actually read the lenormand is that it?

Just wondering.

SolSionnach

To me the art is mostly well executed, in a palette knife like style.
And, no - I don't read with the Lenormand... yet. I'm just learning. And I've also been an avid collector - this deck reminds me of the b/w David's Tarot (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/davids/) which is similarly uneven - but some of the cards are knock-you-out of your chair wonderful.

I'm going to just download those pics of the Isabel's, and use them for inspiration. I must be an artist, deep down inside - I'd guess it's time to get out the paper/ink/paints and do something.

Successfully de-enabled! :)

faunabay

Yep, good job on de-enabling yourself. I can't remember who but someone quite a while ago was all hot and heavy about that particular lenormand too. But once she had it, she said it wasn't nearly as nice in person. So there you go! :p

SolSionnach

faunabay said:
Yep, good job on de-enabling yourself. I can't remember who but someone quite a while ago was all hot and heavy about that particular lenormand too. But once she had it, she said it wasn't nearly as nice in person. So there you go! :p
I felt that way about the Gilded. CGI stuff looks *way* better on a computer screen than in person, IMO.

I'm going to attempt to print out the deck sometime soon, and see if the pics look like hell or not. They'll probably look like hell, but I guess it's worth a try.

Cat*

sravana said:
Successfully de-enabled! :)
So I don't need to point out that it seems as if the playing card images are holding circular signs with the card's number (useful, admittedly) and the artist's initials :)bugeyed: distracting, unnecessary, ego-driven, ugly! WTF?!) in their hands?

And I don't need to mention that this deck has nothing in common with the David's Tarot? That the difference between the two is like the one between minimalist Japanese(?) calligraphy/painting (= David's) and sketches that should have been redone to hopefully get actual good paintings instead of having been printed and sold (= Isabel's). Plus, the latter looks as if has been treated (composed?) with way too many "art" filters in Photoshop - never a good thing.

cardlady22

utter failure

I'm confessing . . . because you'll find out anyway! I spent too much time looking for associations to critique the LS Fairy and my Witchy Mini said "Yes, bring me those! We'll show that snooty Renaissance Mini!"

ETA: I can already hear the Renaissance Mini calmly & regally pointing out my unfairness at leaving her to the mercy of the hooligans . . .

SolSionnach

Cat* said:
So I don't need to point out that it seems as if the playing card images are holding circular signs with the card's number (useful, admittedly) and the artist's initials :)bugeyed: distracting, unnecessary, ego-driven, ugly! WTF?!) in their hands?
Oh, so *that's what the "IK" is? I(c)K, indeed!
Cat* said:
And I don't need to mention that this deck has nothing in common with the David's Tarot? That the difference between the two is like the one between minimalist Japanese(?) calligraphy/painting (= David's) and sketches that should have been redone to hopefully get actual good paintings instead of having been printed and sold (= Isabel's). Plus, the latter looks as if has been treated (composed?) with way too many "art" filters in Photoshop - never a good thing.
I don't feel that the art in the IK Lenormand (lol) is bad. Did you ever look at the Empress and Emperor in David's? they are capering monkeys! I just had a good look at my David's last night (I was thinking of selling it), and it is an uneven deck, IMO. Mostly brilliant, mind you - but even it definitely has its moments.

to me the IK decks art doesn't look like CGI. If I bought it and found that it was, I would be disappointed. But that's just me.

gregory

I am so proud. I am NOT buying the deck I ordered from Raven's Rune. (OK I confess - she can't get it just now, but even so - that is a non-purchase....)