A new de-enabling thread

Cat*

Thank you for all the additional de-enabling! :) It never hurts to hear some extra turn-offs... (Although I still like the Secret Forest colors! Really, I do.)

But you did see this, right? ;):
Cat* said:
Okay, okay, I'm taking [the Secret Forest] off the wish list.
[...]
I did go and took the deck [Light and Shadow] out of the shopping cart. Oh, what the heck, I'll take it off the wishlist, too.
[...]
Wow, I'd say that was successful de-enabling. :thumbsup: Thank you for your help! I might come back for more...
I'm proud to report that I also took the Magical Forest off my wishlist. I can always look at the nipple eyes :)bugeyed:) online... ;)

---

And I'm indeed back for more: I now ask to be de-enabled from the Sheridan-Douglas (is it even available easily?) AND the Froud's Fairies for further wishlist-reduction. Do your worst. :D

thorhammer

Froud's Faeries - are you prepared to give up all your other decks and devote your entire existence to the Faeries? They expect no less. Oh, they won't force you! You're entirely free to make your own choice and lock them away in a dusty place for the majority of the year (let's face it - not Tarot) . . . but they will make you suffer for it, in the form of the most insidious human emotion there is . . .

GUILT​

Are you prepared for this? 'Tis a terrible burden.

\m/ Kat

Le Fanu

Cat* said:
I now ask to be de-enabled from the Sheridan-Douglas (is it even available easily?) AND the Froud's Fairies for further wishlist-reduction. Do your worst. :D

Easy....

Sheridan Douglas is probably NOT available easily so, depending on your temperament, this could be either enabling or de-enabling...

Bright baby colours. Think Kiddy´s first book for dangling over a cot to see if baby can recognise primary colours.

To a querent, probably doesn´t look to be a very sophisticated deck. Not a good look if you´re trying to look all authorititive...

Froud´s Faeires.. How old are you? Are you a 13 year old girl? I ask this genuinely, you may indeed be 13 - and a girl - in which case fine... Those kooky faeries were a fad a few years back. Their time has come and gone. They´ve done the whole gamut of Froud pencil cases/ fridge magnets/fluffy toys/ novelty boooks. An Oracle deck was probably last on the list of money-spinners. And it shows...

nisaba

Cat* said:
And I'm indeed back for more: I now ask to be de-enabled from the Sheridan-Douglas (is it even available easily?) AND the Froud's Fairies for further wishlist-reduction. Do your worst. :D
The former is my specialty. I had a hankering for the Sheridan-Douglas from the 1970s onwards, having bought the companion-book and only ever seen the line-drawings in the book. Which were graceful and elegant.

I got the deck only a couple of months ago.

The colours are blinding - some real retina-damage has happened here already. There is no shading, so everything is dead-flat. (which gives it a nice mythic quality that I won't refer to here).

The cardstock is too thick - if you lay the deck on a table it is easily one and a half times as high as any other deck. This also makes it awkward to shuffle.

The laminate is a bit of a challenge - I wanted to photograph a couple of cards recently, and all I got, from all angles, was white glare. And I wasn't using a flash!

The laminate is a bit of a challenge - it is so slippery that if you lay the deck on a table, half of it slides right off. Guess which deck loves more than any others to decorate the floor. Yup, you got it.

As to availability, don't on any account go to the Tarotgarden - Jeannette still, after all her time in the business, hasn't mastered the basic principles of de-enablement and poor customer service. If you order the Sheridan, she makes sure you get it in little over a week - and I'm half a world away!

Really, really disappointing.

weaver

nisaba said:
As to availability, don't on any account go to the Tarotgarden - Jeannette still, after all her time in the business, hasn't mastered the basic principles of de-enablement and poor customer service. If you order the Sheridan, she makes sure you get it in little over a week - and I'm half a world away!

Now THERE is some POWERFUL de-enabling!!!! :bugeyed: Way to go, nisaba! :laugh:

Sue

nisaba

weaver said:
[QUOTE-nisaba]As to availability, don't on any account go to the Tarotgarden - Jeannette still, after all her time in the business, hasn't mastered the basic principles of de-enablement and poor customer service. If you order the Sheridan, she makes sure you get it in little over a week - and I'm half a world away!

Now THERE is some POWERFUL de-enabling!!!! :bugeyed: Way to go, nisaba! :laugh:

Sue[/QUOTE]
<takes deep bow>

<glances nervously over shoulder to see if Jeanette is anywhere around>

cardlady22

Cat* said:
the Froud's Fairies
So predictable, aren't we? I knew you were going there next! Don't you remember your Peter Pan? A fairie's size means it can only hold one emotion at a time- and jealousy is quite unattractive when one has the abilities that they do. Penta-polar here.

nisaba said:
Monty Python's Fish-Slapping Dance
Oh yes! Reminds me of the Veggie Tales Ninevites . . . "they're . . . they're fish-slappers!"

Manda

Cat* said:

Here is the problem with the Froud's Fairies - it is an oracle deck, which of course all tarot is, but it does not follow the structure of tarot, which is part of why we all love tarot so, right? Or at least I know I do. You have to read intuitively only, or carry the book around with you, and that is not the most confidence inspiring if you are reading for another person. Or you could commit yourself to learning 132 MORE card meanings...

The really insiduous thing about them, though, is that they do in fact give great advice, the first time. After that, much like the crack dealer, their price goes up. They want to be your only deck, and really, are any of us here because we can commit to just the one? And not even a tarot at that? If you don't give them the time and attention they think they deserve, the next time you pull them out they will play tricks on you, or just give nonsense readings.

Silly faeries!

SolSionnach

::looks over shoulder, awaiting nisaba's fish-tin?-slapping dance. could be really scary!::

re: Froud's Fairies

Everything I've ever heard about this deck indicates that working with it *will* wake up whatever imps, gnomes, fae might be around you, and you will be dealing with them until your death. (ETA: not that they will kill you, but they will never leave.) They are evidently *persistant* lil buggers.

Yes, some of the images are nice (I hear that 'himself' is quite... um... interesting). But I saw the deck in hand - seemed to be full of mustard-y yellows, and was way larger than I thought it should be, for a fairy deck.

I wouldn't have it in my house - I'd be afraid they'd terrify the dog!

hippiewitchie

flying black kat said:
Dear Hippiewitchie:

I have never colored it or used it to read for my self or anyone. It is currently on a bookshelf in my bathroom.

Just knowing were it is kept should tell you a lot. She does not want to move on. In all the years that I have own this deck she has never been near any other of my decks.

Be at Peace

Kathy

Another successful de-enable.
Thanks all!