A new de-enabling thread

Le Fanu

Muvverpeace; novelty shape but bad art.

Id run a mile if someone pulled this deck out to read with...

And anyway, isn´t it a bit passé?

BrightEye

I went to Tesco's tonight. What I really wanted to buy was tonight's dinner and a new set of pots and pans. But then there was this little -admittedly nicely made - Tarot box-set for 4.95 Euros!!! The art was like the Gilded. At first I thought it was the Tarot of Dreams (silly me!). Well, you'll be happy to hear I just bought dinner. But I can't stop thinking about the deck... It's late night shopping...

moderndayruth

BrightEye said:
I went to Tesco's tonight. What I really wanted to buy was tonight's dinner and a new set of pots and pans. But then there was this little -admittedly nicely made - Tarot box-set for 4.95 Euros!!! ...
You missed such a bargain, BE?! :bugeyed: Seriously?! Less than five euros? Only?! :eek:
Wouldn't you consider skipping dinner? I mean, they say it does wonders for one's health... and waist... and who needs new pots and pans when the one's they already have are in quite good condition? :confused:

})

nisaba

moderndayruth said:
:shhh: You have a pm! ;)... Lol, but i do want a round deck and i do like this one the most...
<sadly> No, you don't. Popular as all get-out, it's all charm, and no substance. And for once I'm being reasonably serious. I've looked at it today and earlier on, and it really doesn't draw me although I acknowledge it looks really nice. dopn't know why it doesn't draw me, but my judgement is, of course, perfect, so you don't want to get it either.

Le Fanu

BrightEye said:
I went to Tesco's tonight. What I really wanted to buy was tonight's dinner and a new set of pots and pans. But then there was this little -admittedly nicely made - Tarot box-set for 4.95 Euros!!! The art was like the Gilded. At first I thought it was the Tarot of Dreams (silly me!). Well, you'll be happy to hear I just bought dinner. But I can't stop thinking about the deck... It's late night shopping...

I think I know which deck you mean. Ive seen a Gilded clone around. Is it in quite a square box? Ive seen a few here for sale in tabacconists and at first glance it did look like a Ciro deck...

moderndayruth

nisaba said:
dopn't know why it doesn't draw me, but my judgement is, of course, perfect, so you don't want to get it either.

:|

Le Fanu said:
I think I know which deck you mean. Ive seen a Gilded clone around. Is it in quite a square box? Ive seen a few here for sale in tabacconists and at first glance it did look like a Ciro deck...
*mdr adds to her to-do list: tomorrow call the local bookstore selling low cost decks and order the ToD-like deck* })

Le Fanu

moderndayruth said:

:|

*mdr adds to her to-do list: tomorrow call the local bookstore selling low cost decks and order the ToD-like deck* })

It may not be the same one which BrightEye saw... But I saw a deck a couple of weeks ago. VERY Gilded in style. Square box with square-ish cards. I saw it for sale with magazines and then later saw one for sale on the flea market!

I can assure you MDR, you wouldn´t be tempted...

ETA; even for five pounds or euros or whatever. Ive seen decks cheaper than that at the flea market. Complete ones and I haven´t bought them. I have a very strict sense of my tarot shelf being "sullied" by decks which are not "me" (he says pompously). All collections must have a criteria; "cheap" aint a good one ;)

gregory

Bet it was the Kudos copy of the Cachet..... I had it on order from Tescos and they told me it was out of stock for ever.....

cardlady22

Save Me! Lo Scarabeo- Dragons Tarot
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/dragons-tarot/

The only thing holding me back was the scans that seemed to be bright red borders. I got a single card of the Hierophant along with a recent trade. The red is actually nice. I *never* think red is nice! And I want the regular size; not the mini. I just had to go buy a new Rubbermaid 5x8 index card box for my increasing collection. I'm not supposed to be buying any (more) decks because the Creative Exchange shipping dates are at the end of the month.

thorhammer

cardlady22 said:
Save Me! Lo Scarabeo- Dragons Tarot
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/dragons-tarot/

The only thing holding me back was the scans that seemed to be bright red borders. I got a single card of the Hierophant along with a recent trade. The red is actually nice. I *never* think red is nice! And I want the regular size; not the mini. I just had to go buy a new Rubbermaid 5x8 index card box for my increasing collection. I'm not supposed to be buying any (more) decks because the Creative Exchange shipping dates are at the end of the month.
This is one LS deck (in the company of the Witchy, Pagan, Sensual Wicca) which is just a paycheck deck. It's kitschy and boring and ordinary, the one card you have might look nice with a border, but one card a deck does not make... think of 78 of the suckers looking atcha! And dragons shouldn't be crammed that close together, anyway. There are bound to be disputes, which could set fire to your entire collection in its new Rubbermaid index box!

(You fit your whole collection in abox??) I need a bookshelf. . .