A new de-enabling thread

BrightEye

nisaba, you're on! De-enable me from illustrated playing cards. Please!

magpie9

Debra said:
That round Marseille is kinda gimmicky, don't you think? The whole point of Marseille decks is tradition, in my opinion, unless you're going for a whacked-out update which is a whole other story. This one is Neither Fish Nor Fowl. Let it pass, especially since it will bite a giant round hole in your bank balance and you clearly know that would be a Wrong Move.
Well, its bright colors are very traditional, and it has those cute squinchy Marseilles faces that I just love for no reason I understand...and the roundness really is part of it's charm. I love round decks and will be very pleased when I have all the round decks in print. I'm almost there.
I'm not trying to be difficult, but no de-enabling has taken place in my situation yet.

Please try harder folks!

jackdaw*

Round decks work ONLY when the artwork is designed to fit in a circular space. The Marseille wasn't and isn't. Either you'll be stuck with empty space they fill with fluff around the images, or a cropped cookie-cutter image.

gregory

jackdaw* said:
In the interest of helping haul this thread back on track ...

I'm looking with big sad puppy-dog eyes at the Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot at alida. I'm intrigued and tempted.

Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't have it? Debra, I'm looking at yooooouuuu ... :)
I can. It begins with the letter A. :D

But also I have read someone who has actually seen it on the subject; I will e-mail you this as it is from somewhere else.... NOT good. But the male star also seems to be true.

MysticalMoose

I looked at it & quite liked some of the cards but it was just too YELLOW! eeuurrggh! & Actually for the 1st time in a long time I'm not actually lusting after anything since the Vargo arrived :D (now I know I just ordered the Fantastic Menagerie but that doesn't count cus it was for Courtney :D )

B :p

jackdaw*

Okay, I am de-enabled for the moment. The colours don't bother me, but I think the Star might. And I wonder whether I would actually READ with it. I have enough on my plate these days, Tarotically and otherwise.

Gregory and Alta both make excellent points (about Baby JD and postage). So I will hold off. Waiting until things cross the pond has worked wonders in the past ...

SolSionnach

Sulis! :* :* :*

A *round* Marseilles?
I've thought about getting that one, too. But I already have most of the images (taken straight from the Fournier :heart: :heart: :heart:), and when I look at the pics of the round one, they look really CGI-like. Which, of course, is the complete opposite of what a TdM is. Think Dussere Dodal - or Svizzera 1804. Now *that's* a TdM! (of sorts, that is)

garish much?

Re: Dame Fortunes wheel - I really really REALLY want to like this deck, because I have a fondness for the Charles VI - style trumps (I think that was from reading "The Woman With the Alabaster Jar".)

HOWEVER....

Yellow. And not even a *nice* yellow. The trumps are YELLOW. And did I mention that the trumps are YELLOW? Like really REALLY YELLOW?

I mean, Yellow is nice, but if you wanted to use the trumps for meditation :bugeyed: ... let's not go there.

And the minor arcana have a different color for each suit. Like the Fournier. Now - is it helpful to have each suit a different color? I suppose it is, if you're in the habit of putting the deck in suit order after each reading or something.

I guess i just don't do garish. But I still have it on preorder at TG.

so, will someone complete my de-enabling of this deck? Please?

I'd rather have a iPhone! :eek:

Debra

Does this help?

It's garish, and you'd rather have an Iphone.

gregory

And you'd rather have an I-Phone and anyway and honestly, TdM looks VERY weird on round cards and how do you know if they are reversed - with TdM that is more important than most. How far sideways before.... etc etc etc.

The box is also rather odd.

And I have spare noodles. })

SolSionnach

Debra said:
Does this help?

It's garish, and you'd rather have an Iphone.
Um, yeah. That does help some...
gregory said:
And you'd rather have an I-Phone and anyway and honestly, TdM looks VERY weird on round cards and how do you know if they are reversed - with TdM that is more important than most. How far sideways before.... etc etc etc.

The box is also rather odd.

And I have spare noodles. })
Actually, I was referring to Dame Fortune's Wheel - I long ago de-enabled myself from that round TdM abomination!

But noodles, though? Scary! :eek: