A new de-enabling thread

Le Fanu

Best move (or rather, what Im doing...)

Sit quietly in the wings and listen very carefully and read between the lines when other AT members get theirs and start posting...

That´s what Im going to do. Ive also been carried along by all the euphoria before and it is actually surprisingly easy to de-enable oneself. I did it with the Dark Grimoire. I could have sworn I was going to buy that and it still doesn´t tempt me ever since I de-enabled myself. Remember "the best de-enabling comes from within."

The Dame Fortune deck is actually appealing to me less and less with each passing day. This time last week I thought I was going to buy it. Now Im not so sure.

i-phone, definitely a better option. Forget all these old Marseilles decks. Be modern, be contemporary. Be equipped for the 21st century...

magpie9

The thing about Dame Fotrtune's Wheel is that it seems to be trying to do pretty much the same thing as as the LoScarabo Tarot where the Marseilles, RWS and Thoth where all blended in each card. This looks like the blend is Marseilles, RWS and Sola Busca. So if you've got the Lo Scarabo, you don't need this one unless you have a thing for mongrel decks. Or are desperate for the Sola Busca Courts, but you can always look at them on line....in fact, it looks like you can find a great many of these cards on line in other old decks. Isn't that the Estensi World card?

magpie9

....i-phone, definitely a better option. Forget all these old Marseilles decks. Be modern, be contemporary. Be equipped for the 21st century...
yes, get a new modern round marseilles deck instead...})

gregory

MAGS you are a Bad Girl; this is the DE enabling thread. :mad:

Now STOPPIT. })

Anyway it's round and TdMs can't be. The Collector Goddess Hath Spoken.

SolSionnach

Le Fanu said:
Sit quietly in the wings and listen very carefully and read between the lines when other AT members get theirs and start posting...
The Dame Fortune deck is actually appealing to me less and less with each passing day. This time last week I thought I was going to buy it. Now Im not so sure.
I've done that several times before, and never *EVER* regretted waiting. Ever.
Le Fanu said:
i-phone, definitely a better option. Forget all these old Marseilles decks. Be modern, be contemporary. Be equipped for the 21st century...
now Now NOW! You know me and TdMs! Actually, I already have just about every last blamed one that I'd ever need in this lifetime or the next (Dodal, Vieville, Hadar, Fournier, Noblet, Svizzera, Payen - have I forgotten any?), and the D.F.W. deck (dallas-fort worth airport? DFW? lol) is a bastardized thing. Or so it seems. Early adopters seem to love it. Whatevah.
magpie9 said:
The thing about Dame Fotrtune's Wheel is that it seems to be trying to do pretty much the same thing as as the LoScarabo Tarot where the Marseilles, RWS and Thoth where all blended in each card. This looks like the blend is Marseilles, RWS and Sola Busca. So if you've got the Lo Scarabo, you don't need this one unless you have a thing for mongrel decks. Or are desperate for the Sola Busca Courts, but you can always look at them on line....in fact, it looks like you can find a great many of these cards on line in other old decks. Isn't that the Estensi World card?
I don't have the Lo Scarabeo, and have absolutely no desire to have one. I have the best TdMs, the AGM large Thoth, and the Universal Waite. I don't know about the Sola Busca, but the Charles VI has some lovely trumps. Of course, that's the Estensi - but that deck has the castration scene on the 2/Batons. :eek: :(
magpie9 said:
yes, get a new modern round marseilles deck instead...})
Oh bother! If I want a modern deck, I've got the Thoth. If I want a *more* modern deck, I can look to Maat, BBC, or Shining Tribe! Or the Ferret! Or... you get the picture.

I have *one* round deck - the Oracle of the Dreamtime - and it's darned hard to shuffle! And I'm selling it!
gregory said:

Now STOPPIT. })

Ditto!

magpie9

gregory said:

Now STOPPIT. })

Very Bad timing on my part. Fine. No more mentions of round Marseilles. Apparently everybody hates them anyway. I will never admit to even thinking of buying one, from this time forward. :eek:
Especially since we're all being so terribly serious right now. I thought Sulis said to get back on topic, not Stifle Yourselves. :p })

magpie9

sravana said:
I don't have the Lo Scarabeo, and have absolutely no desire to have one. I have the best TdMs, the AGM large Thoth, and the Universal Waite. I don't know about the Sola Busca, but the Charles VI has some lovely trumps. Of course, that's the Estensi - but that deck has the castration scene on the 2/Batons. :eek:

Sravana, you asked for someone to please complete your de-enabling of the Fortuna's Wheel deck. I tried. It was a de-enable attempt, not an attack on your taste, style, or collection. I wasn't suggesting you should run right out and get the Lo Scarabo, Estensi, Viscontis, Charles VI, a bakers dozen of Marseilles, or any other decks. Nor was I suggesting that your deck collection needs any more anything, except--now that I think of it--perhaps more self control on your part. In the end the only real de-enabling is that which takes place within, not in series of quoted bits of posts.

Ditto indeed. See reply to gregory's post. Right back atcha. :D

SolSionnach

magpie9 said:
Sravana, you asked for someone to please complete your de-enabling of the Fortuna's Wheel deck. I tried. It was a de-enable attempt, not an attack on your taste, style, or collection. I wasn't suggesting you should run right out and get the Lo Scarabo, Estensi, Viscontis, Charles VI, a bakers dozen of Marseilles, or any other decks. Nor was I suggesting that your deck collection needs any more anything, except--now that I think of it--perhaps more self control on your part. In the end the only real de-enabling is that which takes place within, not in series of quoted bits of posts.

Ditto indeed. See reply to gregory's post. Right back atcha. :D
Oh, I'm afraid I must've been terribly unclear - because the way you read my post wasn't the way I meant it. :( :( :(

That line about having the "best TdMs" (grovel) does sound snotty, doesn't it. :( :(

My point was that I don't have the Lo Scarabeo, and... something. :( :(

Sravana turns off the computer and puts herself in timeout for a bit...

Queen of Pentacle

Sure, I would like to be de-enabled from the Pamela coleman Smith Commemorative deck... And the Paulina tarot
And maybe the Legacy of the Divine...

If only...

magpie9

sravana said:
Oh, I'm afraid I must've been terribly unclear - because the way you read my post wasn't the way I meant it. :( :( :(

That line about having the "best TdMs" (grovel) does sound snotty, doesn't it. :( :(

My point was that I don't have the Lo Scarabeo, and... something. :( :(

Sravana turns off the computer and puts herself in timeout for a bit...
Thank you for the lovely grovel....you were just off your center. Musta been too much coffee or too little coffee or a flurry of allergies or something like that. Come on back out of the corner, cutie, and say awful things about some wretched excuse for a deck. ;)

Maybe the Paulina? What were they thinking? Baaad wispy art and all the cards look the same.