A new de-enabling thread

All Is One

jackdaw* said:
For slightly less greeny colours and an uglier back than the Original Rider Waite

I just had to drop in here and ask where I can see these fabled backs that are uglier than the original RWS. It defies belief that there can be any uglier thing in existence than the original RWS backs. Plain white, plain black, anything would be better than that hideous plaid that isn't a plaid.

jackdaw*

No, no, not the RW tartan ones. I meant the Original (capital O) RW roses and lilies. The back is in the thread for the PCS deck. I won't link to it, for fear the raves will enable someone :D Actually because I'm too lazy to go find it again ...

Chronata

Aw crap...how do you de-enable the Phantomwise?

Here's the best I can do...

It's only 22 cards.

And unless you do a lot of readings with only 22 cards...then just be patient and wait for her to finish the full deck. (She's only got the courts left to do!!)

And it's expensive for only 22 cards.

For that price...and only 22 cards, you should be getting...I dunno...a hand painted one of a kind box or something.

Phew. Ok...hope that worked.

(going off now to happily fondle my Phantomwise...)

Le Fanu

Chronata said:
Aw crap...how do you de-enable the Phantomwise?

Well, the name´s rubbish for a start.

jackdaw*

Chronata said:
For that price...and only 22 cards [...]
And monochrome. For that cost, couldn't you at least get colour?

Queen of Pentacle

jackdaw

Touché!

At least for commemrative and Paulina...
two on three...
And for Legay, I was alreadply planning on the commercial version
(I am always deceived with "special" editions)

Thank you so much!

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
Well, the name´s rubbish for a start.
That's what I was thinking, and I haven't even seen the deck!

Manda

Okay I have a rough one. Please talk me out of the Soprafino. I was inadvertently enabled an another thread. I went to sleep last night dreaming about this deck, and woke up this morning still thinking about it.

The ways I have -sort of- de-enabled myself are thus :

1. I learned on RWS, so non-scenic pips have not really been my thing. I will be making a leap to learn to read with TdM.
2. I've read it has little lamination and with three kids and a veritable herd of guinea pigs running around, I can be a little hard on my decks.
3. I am practically the queen of CGI decks, and while I realize they might have no class, I am okay with possibly being a no class kind of girl. The Soprafino seems eminently classy to me, and I am not sure that is who I am.
4. Because of having said children and guinea pigs, it might be a little pricey for me.
5. In an effort to de-enable myself, I bought an Ancient Italian Tarot, which I believe has the same artwork in larger form for aging eyes and less price.

I think my tarot tastes might be changing, maybe even maturing, and I would just like to laugh a little while I obsess/compulse over this deck.

And Re: the Paulina - my seven year old daughter promptly commandeered it. 'Nuff said. I can't lie, the artwork is well thought out and technically brilliant, and US Games actually got the lamination right, but the cards look so very much the same to me that it all blurs together.

SolSionnach

Manda said:
5. In an effort to de-enable myself, I bought an Ancient Italian Tarot, which I believe has the same artwork in larger form for aging eyes and less price.
If you have the AIT, you don't need the Soprafino. The art is not *exactly* the same, in fact, the AIT pips are *more* decorative than the Meneghello Soprafino.

For some reason, my copy of the Soprafino is *hyper*laminated... it feels like plastic. I haven't heard of anyone else who has that problem.

FWIW, it's a really **SMALL** deck. The corners aren't rounded - you could cut yourself on them!

And it's pips. Lots of them. All over the place!

It's in a fussy, 18th-19th century style that is so so DATED.

That's all I got.

thorhammer

sravana said:
That's all I got.
Hey, it's enough for me (in combination with Manda's self-de-enabling, which I thought was great!) and I wasn't even trying to be turned off that one! *thinking again*

Anyone care to give the fatal stab to the Ship of Fools? I asked about it ages ago but it didn't quite work . . .

\m/ Kat