A new de-enabling thread

Le Fanu

jackdaw* said:
Le Fanu, CGI is computer-generated imagery.

That explains why I didn´t know. Hate that style. I obviously blocked it out of my vocabulary so as not to have to deal with it.

jackdaw*

Le Fanu said:
That explains why I didn´t know. Hate that style. I obviously blocked it out of my vocabulary so as not to have to deal with it.
Ah, but that doesn't make it go away ... ;)

Kunati version of Touchstone? Anyone got a de-enable for that?

Dusk Till Dawn

Chronata said:
Aw crap...how do you de-enable the Phantomwise?

Here's the best I can do...

It's only 22 cards.

And unless you do a lot of readings with only 22 cards...then just be patient and wait for her to finish the full deck. (She's only got the courts left to do!!)

And it's expensive for only 22 cards.

For that price...and only 22 cards, you should be getting...I dunno...a hand painted one of a kind box or something.

Phew. Ok...hope that worked.

(going off now to happily fondle my Phantomwise...)
Well thank you so much! I thought about this, and Yes I should wait this out. It's better to have 78 cards, but it's hard to wait...

wytchwood

Ship of Fools.....

It looks in scans as if it will be old-fashioned and papery and perhaps become more well-loved and attractive with use. No chance. It's made of cheesy shiny modern card. I hated it as soon as I opened the box. I traded it. Spare yourself the disappointment.

Soprafino.....

Yes, very nice, but the cards are a bit of a strange size and when you lay the cards out they look like old cigarette cards, and some people may not like the pointy corners. I actually didn't mind either of these things (although a deck like this ought to be a bit bigger really), but still never used it and never thought it was as amaaaazing as I thought it would be. And the ribbon on the cover soon looked really tatty and frayed right down. I traded it.

SphinYote

wytchwood said:
never thought it was as amaaaazing as I thought it would be.

*Giggles at phrasing*

Careful....you'll soon sound as confused as I do....:)

swimming in tarot

Thank you all for de-enabling on the Ship of Fools!

Le Fanu

jackdaw* said:
Kunati version of Touchstone? Anyone got a de-enable for that?

Im currently de-anabling myself on this one by thinking OK OK, let´s be honest, Im going to buy it one day so let us not deceive ourselves and - instead - embark upon honest, temporary de-enabling...

This is going to be around for years. There´s plenty of time to get it. Now is the worst time to buy it while everyone is gushing and making a big show of how lovely the Kunati is but they ARE glad they bought the Ltd Edition first (lest you forget)....

Be sensible; take it on its own terms.

I have a big reservation about this type of deck, which I don´t know whether you share. I have problems with these images I know well. Part of the Western canon of Art etc. Turn over a card and there´s Katherine Howard... "O and that´s a Caravaggio on the death card"... " and there´s Anne of Cleves".

I can´t concentrate on a "good" reading when I know the provenance of these images... Too familiar. And "bent" to Tarot card meanings...

magpie9

Le Fanu said:
I can´t concentrate on a "good" reading when I know the provenance of these images... Too familiar. And "bent" to Tarot card meanings...
I never thought of that, very good point. A little late for me, unfortunately...:(

Debra

Actually, I'm having that problem with the Golden Tarot, too. There are just enough familiar faces...

Le Fanu

Debra said:
Actually, I'm having that problem with the Golden Tarot, too. There are just enough familiar faces...

Correct me if Im wrong but isn´t your avatar taken from the exact deck (Mitelli 1664?) which you asked to be de-enabled from last week?