A new de-enabling thread

Alta

Since this thread is in the Tarot Decks forum, I feel quite sure it is for de-enabling from tarot decks. :) Those other items could go into Chat.

Debra

1. Hourglass. Can't keep track of the three, four, five, ten more minutes the sitter might need.

2. Zen clock. We have had both kinds, the big triangle and the little timer.

a. Big triangle is BIG--takes up too much room. It did have a nice tone.
b. Little timer is little BUT not a sweet mellow "ting"--a jarring "BONG" that startles rather than awakens gently. No kidding. We replaced our unpopular Big Triangle with the little one, and I really regret having bought either of them, because...
c. Both are made in China, and while the wooden cases are nice, the effect is destroyed by the cheesy-looking plastic timing works. And to change the battery, you need a tiny little screwdriver. It's just dumb, and way overpriced.

Cat*

And buying other things just so that you can then say, "But look, I didn't get any new tarot decks!" doesn't count as being de-enabled from deck-buying anyway. It's just shifting your "addiction" over to another "drug," so to speak.

So, anyone in need of any tarot deck de-enabling? :D

Manda

nisaba said:
<shaking finger> you WILL regret it, mark my words. Time will tell ...

I'll bet you big money the next time someone jumps on here having seen them, you'll the the loudest de-enabler!

Possibly, but I doubt it *smile*

thorhammer said:
Manda - At least you're going with the "one in, one out" philosophy. And don't justify it by saying you just can't stand CGI any more - leave it at that :D I must say, I think I've been de-enabled on the Soprafino by the matter of size.

SIZE DOES MATTER.​
Would that be Bob, AKA carte-karuta? Agreed, lovely man.

\m/ Kat

Oh my... right you are, but sometimes not as much as we are led to believe. Yes, it was Bob, and he was such a pleasure to do business with!

Cat* said:
So, anyone in need of any tarot deck de-enabling? :D

Well, the man has promised a deck in return for my cheerful acceptance of being at a Warhammer tournament all weekend. I am thinking the Ananda. Any words of de-enabling for this?

Miss Divine

Touchstone

Can anyone please de enable me from the Touchstone tarot?
I know it's probably a long shot, but can anyone give a reason or 2 why I wouldn't wanna have it?

I told myself no more decks for a while, but I'm about to push the order button.

Help please!!

Manda

Well, there is no real point to getting the Touchstone RIGHT now because the limited edition is sold out, and the Kunati mass market version has just been released, so it is likely to hang out for a while.

Let's see, the cards are all portraits, and unless you have at least 78 photos of your friends and family (digital don't count) they will feel less important to you than a tarot deck.

The deck includes a Happy Squirrel card, so it clearly is not a true tarot deck. Who wants a Happy Squirrel anyway?

Some of the men (*swoon* Knight of Swords) will set your heart to pounding and you won't be able to concentrate on your reading. The children in the Six of Cups do not seem overly happy, so the deck must be a rotten place to grow up.

You can see the deck in it's entirety online and use it for virtual readings there, so no need to buy it today.

Le Fanu did some de-enabling a few posts back on this, as well.

I'll be back when I think of more. Please don't look at my profile...

Miss Divine

Manda said:
Well, there is no real point to getting the Touchstone RIGHT now because the limited edition is sold out, and the Kunati mass market version has just been released, so it is likely to hang out for a while.

Let's see, the cards are all portraits, and unless you have at least 78 photos of your friends and family (digital don't count) they will feel less important to you than a tarot deck.

The deck includes a Happy Squirrel card, so it clearly is not a true tarot deck. Who wants a Happy Squirrel anyway?

Some of the men (*swoon* Knight of Swords) will set your heart to pounding and you won't be able to concentrate on your reading. The children in the Six of Cups do not seem overly happy, so the deck must be a rotten place to grow up.

You can see the deck in it's entirety online and use it for virtual readings there, so no need to buy it today.

Le Fanu did some de-enabling a few posts back on this, as well.

I'll be back when I think of more. Please don't look at my profile...

Hi.
I meant the Kunati mass market version. I need de enabling from that one.
It costs 30 euro's here so converted into dollars it isn't much cheaper than the Touchstone LE was.

But apart from that, and reading a few posts back from Le Fanu, I'm unfortunantely not succesfully de enabled yet.

And...ofcourse I looked at your profile LOL.

Debra

You've got the Golden. Same artist, same feel, same period, both collage. One's enough.

firefrost

Debra said:
You've got the Golden. Same artist, same feel, same period, both collage. One's enough.

I agree. That's how I de-enabled myself on it :D

Miss Divine

Debra said:

I know, you're right about that,

I slept on it and this morning I'd decided to atleast wait. I have the Paulina and the Vanessa coming., and 2 new decks is enough to keep me busy for a while.

What also helped de-enabe was looking at the scans from the Paulina (again).
They're so beautiful and warm and colorful and........ ;)

Thanks guys! I'm de-enabled (for now atleast).