A new de-enabling thread

emmsma

(like, to me) LOL!

I saw you post that you had it coming, after my de-enabling, and I wondered...

Its not back on the list, but lemme know what you think when ya get it.

Just lurking for now. I didn't want de-enabling when I ordered my BBC and Visconti Mini decks. :)

Wonder

Hi every one!
someone just pointed me to this thread, and I love reading what every body says here
I hope you can help me! I just did really well on my finals, and I wanted to treat myself to a new deck, but I can't decide which one I like best, and thought maybe you would be able to help me narrow it down?
Tell me why I shouldn't get each one of these!
I like them all equally,so I have to decide which one by process of elimination.
also, I have small hands, so if any of these are really big, let me know that too! Thanks!

Robin Wood
Halloween Tarot
Dragons Tarot (the one with the red borders)
Morgan Greer
Gilded Tarot

gregory

Gilded is on the facile side and VERY slippery and not good for small hands.

Dragons is - well, it's just dragons. What have they got to tell humans except breathing fire and burning all your other decks (and your school books :bugeyed:)

thorhammer

The Morgan-Greer will make your eyes bleed - never, ever look at it without loads of sleep and never with a hangover!! It's so crowded and closeup, too, that you'll find it hard to get any room to interpret everything. It's jumbled and tangled and cramped. Not nice at all. Hideous retro colours (not nice ones).

Robin Wood is just awful. There's heaps of wasted white space and everyone looks like Barbie or Ken, with concomitant lack of brain capacity. Full to brimming of dippy blondes (no offense to blondes in general) who made my head hurt something awful. It also has really bad backs and a very holier-than-thou tone. The Hierophant card is overly negative; it just screams "AGENDA" at me.

Of the ones you mentioned, I'd go for the Halloween, every single time.

\m/ Kat

Chronata

Hey Wonder! Nice to see you here!

I can probably de-enable you from all of these...

Robin Wood...overtly pagan (except for that Hierophant!) And you already have the Hanson Roberts...so you don't need another colored pencil-cutesy-deck

Halloween...do you really need a Halloween deck? (and if so...you should wait til the All Hallows comes out! :D) It's cute...but really...well...halloweeney. Weird to do readings with at any other time of year.

Dragons...You already have a dragon tarot you love. You don't need another one. And the red borders, multi languages are distracting and will make you crazy.

Gilded...awful cardstock, looks far better online than in your hand.

Morgan Greer...really retro, crappy cardstock. (Hmmm...I can't think of anything else bad to say...if you get one, this is my recommendation!)

sapienza

Morgan Greer cardstock is awful. Super shiny slick lamination, they slip all over the place. The majors are ok but minors are dreadful. And so much bad facial hair in the court cards.

Robin Wood - ditto what thorhammer said about the blondes, it is a real Ken and Barbie type deck. The worst Wheel of Fortune in any deck I've ever seen....ever!!!

Halloween - cute deck, funny, but not a lot of use. At the end of the day it's just a Rider-Waite-Smith in Halloween fancy dress.

Dragons - I don't have this deck but had a quick look at the scans and I'd totally give it a miss based on what I saw. Ugly red borders and I'll bet the back is just dreadful in the typical LS way.

Gilded - really this is just a RWS clone 'prettied-up' a bit. And how weird are those pentacles???

w0ndrfulelectr1c

The Robin Wood really is barbie and ken. And the wheel of fortune ruins my life everytime I look at it. Lame deck

Gilded is really a prettied up rws with weird combos of space-y stuff (that damn hierophant) and obnoxiously green pentacle cards (the pents themselves do look pretty weird)and no real reasoning behind the animals in the images

Oh and the lovers card screams "free love and obnoxious amounts of blonde hair!".

Gross comment below

The judgement card kiiiinda freaks me out a little bit. We all know why.

thorhammer

w0ndrfulelectr1c said:
The judgement card kiiiinda freaks me out a little bit. We all know why.
Which deck? Gilded or RW??

All the cards in the RW freaked me out. Every single one. And it came with the most shocking, horrid chymical stench you ever smelt. Took weeks to air out sufficiently to be able to shuffle without passing out.

\m/ Kat

w0ndrfulelectr1c

With Judgement I meant that about RW. Just...well I won't say. Just check out the card. You'll understand if you don't already.

Gilded freaks me out all around too.

Halloween's not that bad....if you're always asking about your MUMMY! HARDEE HAR HAR HARRRR

No but really. Halloween's cute and fun for special occasions. That's all though.