A new de-enabling thread

wytchwood

Lol! George W in patterned tights- prancing- not good.

gregory

wytchwood said:
Lol! George W in patterned tights- prancing- not good.
Better than as President.... (sorry, OT but a deenabler of a thought, I'd think :eek:)

wytchwood

gregory said:
Better than as President.... (sorry, OT but a deenabler of a thought, I'd think :eek:)

Can't argue with that :D

nisaba

Quick - de-enable me.

The government, in their infinite wisdom, has given me <insert outrageous sum of money that I totally haven't earnt here>, and it's sitting in my account, waiting to be used.

De-enable me. Tell me why I shouldn't buy some of the decks on my wish-list, a sand-timer, a couple of gorgeous watered silks to wrap new decks in ...

Do this in the full knowledge that said sum of money has already covered all the bills and groceries.

So. Why don't I spend my money on my love?

Alta

Why do you even want to be de-enabled then? To me the biggest de-enabler is that we really cannot afford what we want?

nisaba

Yeah, Alta, that does work. But it's not a Pure Motive.

It's sorta like the criminal who expresses remorse *after* the law has caught up with him knowing full well that if they weren't found they'd not have felt any remorse as opposed to the criminal who can't live with themselves and hands themself in.

Being de-enabled by lack of money is like expressing remorse for the brownie-points after you've been caught.

A really honourable person would be de-enabled when the crime has not yet been detected, or the money is in the bank.

I'm looking for a little encouragement to live within my Higher Self.

<hides grin, doesn't say that she was also looking to see how people respond to a challenge>

wytchwood

How about: 1- your possessions end up owning you. 2- You will feel empty after you unwrap them because they won't fill the 'void'. 3- You know deep down that you don't need these things else you wouldn't be dithering like this.

nisaba

Noice, in the words of Kath & Kim.

gregory

OK nisaba - buy all the decks on your list. See if I care. (well,OK, I care, but that's another story....)

Then watch the news. Or walk through some (well, I dunno what you have in your area but try googling downtown East Vancouver and pick the Ozzie equivalent) and think how much you could have done to help these people. You could have sponsored a kid or 27 in Africa - the little letters you get are so SWEET.... :love:

Start to think - if I hadn't done that..... you MIGHT just find yourself putting them up on ebay with the charity option ticked at 100% or passing the proceeds on to somewhere you could feel you had bought a water pump for - or a hygienic dunny. :D

Now - sit there with the money and look at that fab site of gifts for the developing world. :bugeyed:

Look here or here or here or here. The idea of buying these things is dead seductive :bugeyed:, just like tarot. I know - I am now about to buy one myself; I was also given a goat and some cows and chickens as Christmas gifts not long ago.....

Watered silks - well, that's easy - poor little silk worms got MURDERED for your gratification (you note I only want SATIN sheets........) })

I have never found being broke was enough of a de-enabler myself.... I have more than once had to repair serious overdrafts..... On the other hand, I have been known to buy a deck for someone who would REALLY love it and was broker than I was and then not had the cash to buy one for myself... . It makes you feel all warm and fuzzy (very useful in UK weather...)

Please excuse me; this post may be enabling to some people, but it certainly isn't in terms of tarot :D Does that make it OK and not OT ?

Cat*

nisaba said:
So. Why don't I spend my money on my love?
Because you'd rather spend the money on your own tarot and oracle making projects. :)