A new de-enabling thread

nisaba

gregory said:
Shan't. :p

This is a DE enabling thread :D Someone else in this neck of the woods might find them....
Gregory - no one on this forum would have the poor taste to live where you do ... what's that ... I can only de-enable on decks?

Starshower

< Kindly passes Nisaba some of her polystyrene-ball, bubble-wrap nibbles & Amazon cardboard slices which now constitute her diet >
Your approval means so much. (Except re. the Quantum. I suspect you're just mad with jealousy that I love it as much as you do. Hopefully the risk of your jealous wrath will de-enable others on that one.)

But I still need help overcoming my desire for the Trance Tarot and the Universal Fantasy.
What's wrong with them?

nisaba

Starshower (Except re. the Quantum. I suspect you're just mad with jealousy that I love it as much as you do. [/QUOTE said:
<hotly> I *hate* the Quantum! It's rubbish! Nothing to be seen - it's all empty space. And that gilding - sheesh! So cheap, going the silver instead of proper gold, and they didn't even gild the edges of the book to match. It's not like it does proper readings or anything - it's just that people's lives have an uncanny ability to unravel and re-ravel around the shape of spreads done with it. I'd call that just weird.

And I'm not too impressed about its creator and illustrator being on Aeclectic, either - they show a nasty tendency to talk about it to people. They've even been <shudder> friendly.

In fact, I've been so disturbed by even remembering that the deck exists, that I'm going to have to log off now and prepare to leave the house <sob>.

magpie9

Steele Wizard sucks. The best thing it's got is it's name.

:bugeyed: And didn't we just DO the Gilded just a few pages ago? Leaf back and find your de-enabling is What I Say.

<mutter mutter shiftless louts expect to be spoon-fed.>Magpie stomps off to find nisaba and complain bitterly together.

emmsma

OK. De-enable me. I am not in danger of spending til friday, but its been DAYS since I've purchased anything.

I still am looking at the Gypsy Lenormand, Golden Tarot of the Renaissance, and I really want some more minis: Tarot of the Gnomes, Fairy Tarot, Tarot of the Renaissance.

There are more, but these are in the forefront right now.

And the Bilder Lenormand.

Debra

Sounds like you just want something new.

Go get a great picture book from the library.

sapienza

I'd just save your money until there is something you REALLY want rather than just getting something new for the sake of it.

As for the Golden Tarot of the Renaissance.... I had it and traded it away. Totally unreadable. Just have a look at the two of Wands, that should help, it shows a castrated man, blood and all. Lots of gorey images and too much gold.

flying black kat

Tarot of the Renaissance

I agree with sapienza. When I purchased this deck I was excited about it.

After I had spent several hours looking at the Golden Tarot of the Renaissance, I was very disappointed. I couldn't begin to read with it. The deck felt so cold and lifeless. I put it away with the others that I thought would be good decks, but weren't.

There are so many decks out there, that I have learned the very hard way to be really careful with what I spend my money on. If I am interested in a deck now, I read whatever posts on it I can find. I have saved money this way for the decks that really do matter.

Be at Peace.

Kathy