A new de-enabling thread

gregory

Aerin said:
ps thanks for the de-enable, that deck just keeps going in and out of my basket at Somerville...
Which one ???? :confused:

HEY - he's my friend. I can tell him not to sell to you ! })

Aerin

gregory said:
Which one ???? :confused:

HEY - he's my friend. I can tell him not to sell to you ! })

The Merlino. It looks pretty. It does. Still .

But then there's a few others, the Dream Enchantress looks nice and well just bought the ******** from Mr S and ..... well....

Aerin

gregory

Aerin said:
The Merlino. It looks pretty. It does. Still .

But then there's a few others, the Dream Enchantress looks nice and well just bought the ******** from Mr S and ..... well....

Aerin
I will alert him that you really don't want to buy ANYTHING and to help you not to do so.....

Aerin

gregory said:
I will alert him that you really don't want to buy ANYTHING and to help you not to do so.....

bu-bu...

I do want to buy but not the Wrong Stuff (whatever that is). There are a few decks I don't want to be sidetracked from....

And I REALLY need to stay off ebay. I mean, do I WANT a Balbi? No. Until I saw one for sale. And then... I nearly wanted it.

Aerin

gregory

Aerin said:
bu-bu...

I do want to buy but not the Wrong Stuff (whatever that is). There are a few decks I don't want to be sidetracked from....

And I REALLY need to stay off ebay. I mean, do I WANT a Balbi? No. Until I saw one for sale. And then... I nearly wanted it.

Aerin
No you didn't; you just THINK you did. Balbi is weird; makes no sense. I think it is in a foreign language.....

Aerin

I have one in a foreign language already.... the book is unintelligible to me. must.... stop... bidding.... finger...

Actually I did stop, it went for almost £20 so I was saved!!!!

It just looked pretty.

Aerin

faunabay

How about you all try to keep me from buyiing the Tarot of the Master? Anyone? Please!

All the sudden lately I've developed this interest in the Soprafino type decks. I've just ordered the Classic (classical) tarot......it hasn't even gotten here yet. But now I'm wanting the Tarot of the Master! eep!!!

Help please!

Le Fanu

faunabay said:
How about you all try to keep me from buyiing the Tarot of the Master? Anyone? Please!

All the sudden lately I've developed this interest in the Soprafino type decks. I've just ordered the Classic (classical) tarot......it hasn't even gotten here yet. But now I'm wanting the Tarot of the Master! eep!!!

Help please!

OK, I admit it, I am actually a fan of the Italian and Soprafino decks, but - I don´t know why - I just never/can never read with this deck. And a lot of AT-ers who have been seduced by its Artsy Craftsy, fluttering Victoriana niceness say the same. I think only Sapienza reads with it to be honest.

You get the distinct sense that Mr Vacchetta designed a lovely deck and, if he had published an accompanying book (like Mr AE White did) his might have been a system to reckon with, but it just feels so overly decorative and fluttering. Something to take out, fawn over (no pun intended) and pack nicely away again. And all these images/symbols which you just know mean something...

I really don´t understand why I don´t read with it. Neither does anybody else.

O and borders/keywords and - to top it all - the backs of the card are The Magician in a green wash. You know those Scarabeo backs you hate?....