A new de-enabling thread

faunabay

Le Fanu said:
OK, I admit it, I am actually a fan of the Italian and Soprafino decks, but - I don´t know why - I just never/can never read with this deck. And a lot of AT-ers who have been seduced by its Artsy Craftsy, fluttering Victoriana niceness say the same. I think only Sapienza reads with it to be honest.

You get the distinct sense that Mr Vacchetta designed a lovely deck and, if he had published an accompanying book (like Mr AE White did) his might have been a system to reckon with, but it just feels so overly decorative and fluttering. Something to take out, fawn over (no pun intended) and pack nicely away again. And all these images/symbols which you just know mean something...

I really don´t understand why I don´t read with it. Neither does anybody else.

O and borders/keywords and - to top it all - the backs of the card are The Magician in a green wash. You know those Scarabeo backs you hate?....
hmmm....

OK, this helps, but................. I don't mind having decks that I just like to take out and fawn over. LOL

While I'm still not completely deenabled, the backs do sound awful!

manda78

*gasp* a full deck! That's definitely worth waiting for!!
jackdaw* said:
Only majors and very expensive.

Look, Em is trying to have the full deck published. Just wait. Soon all 78 cards will be available for a quarter of the high high price that the 22 currently go for. Cultivate a little patience.

Debra

That Tarot of the Master is annoying as all get-out. The green borders are vomit in the hand, and because the backs are also vomit, and because the key words run up the side, if you trim the deck, you end up with asymmetrical vomit.

ilweran

Debra said:
That Tarot of the Master is annoying as all get-out. The green borders are vomit in the hand, and because the backs are also vomit, and because the key words run up the side, if you trim the deck, you end up with asymmetrical vomit.

Wow, I've been de-enabled before I even asked. That's pretty good going!

faunabay

OK, you've all got me at least de-enabled enough to wait until I get the Classic to make sure I like the Soprafino type decks before buying the Tarot of the Master. ROFL So I'm sort of de-enabled. :p

nisaba

<splutter> NOBODY likes Soprafino-style decks! Don't get that classic!

faunabay

nisaba said:
<splutter> NOBODY likes Soprafino-style decks! Don't get that classic!
Too late! :p I had already ordered the Classic when I first posted. LOL I just needed de-enabling from buying the Tarot of the Master also!!! }) And you guys did it!!

jujustar

masonic tarot

does anyone have anything to say about the masonic tarot by jean beauchard???

SolSionnach

Masonic: the first three cups cards are terrifying! the stems are knobby arms, with bony, grasping, long fingernailed hands as the cup part. Really REALLY creepy. http://taroteca.multiply.com/photos/album/336/Masonic#52

The best card is the fool, which is shown on the front of the card.

HUGE cards. Almost as big as the Pierpont Morgan USG Visconti.
(good cardstock).

UGLY empress. http://taroteca.multiply.com/photos/album/336/Masonic#4 She doesn't have a nose, which makes it look like she doesn't have a face!

The emperor is a dwarf! http://taroteca.multiply.com/photos/album/336/Masonic#5

Hideous. I bought it, and was appalled by the Cups (oh, and they're all pips!).
And... oh damn. After looking through it again, now *I* want it again!

:bugeyed: :eek: