A new de-enabling thread

jujustar

hmmmmm... ok that gives me something to think about..

i can forgive the noseless empress,she looks very young and a bit silly........ but that teeny little emperor really challenges all my notions about that card, and im scared he might bite my ankles

i may still get it ..haha

nisaba

you're not fully enabled, then. So think about this: it's going to cost you how much? And what is your income? And when an absolutely stunning deck comes along that you can't quite afford because of this one?

<smugly> Yes.

And as for me: I'm still hankering after that Diamond deck. The fact that it's a Rider-Waite deck should be enough of a turn-off for me, but I keep looking at it. Are the backs still that appalling tartan? is it too big for my stumpy little hands, or the central images too small to see? That's all not going to be enough. Hit me with something special.

Le Fanu

nisaba said:
I'm still hankering after that Diamond deck. The fact that it's a Rider-Waite deck should be enough of a turn-off for me, but I keep looking at it. Are the backs still that appalling tartan? is it too big for my stumpy little hands, or the central images too small to see? That's all not going to be enough. Hit me with something special.

No tartan tablecloth backs, no. The backs are an attempt at something kaleidoscopic (like the front). But they are very unmemorable backs. I was struck by how unappealing the typeset font is too. And so prominent. Like I said when I de-enabled myself (before buying it), just look at your mini-RWS down a toilet roll...

cardlady22

nisaba said:
And as for me: I'm still hankering after that Diamond deck. . . . That's all not going to be enough. Hit me with something special.

Aren't you signed up for the Creative Exchange in just a couple of weeks?! You would deprive your partner a possible "hit"? We do all this really neat spying on threads to see what people have been talking about!

I had it on my Wish List for a while, but deleted it recently. (Don't ask what happened next . . .)

nisaba

cardlady22 said:
Aren't you signed up for the Creative Exchange in just a couple of weeks?! You would deprive your partner a possible "hit"?
Okay, okay, okay! Le Fanu missed, but this one hit. I'm not going to buy it. <sigh> The things I do for you guys ... (J___! Stop looking at me like that, with those big, disappointed eyes!! Keep your hands off my credit card number!)

jujustar

deary dear...

nisaba said:
you're not fully enabled, then. So think about this: it's going to cost you how much? And what is your income? And when an absolutely stunning deck comes along that you can't quite afford because of this one?

weeeeeeel, ive decided to go ahead and get the dammed masonic, i like lots of things other people hate,, and i can always go moan about it on "most disappointing decks" afterwards..

as far as finances go..... well really who EVER thinks that one out reasonably before they hit "pay now"??????????and im quite good with rationalizing pretty much any kind of totally unnecessary purchase

but thankyou anyway !!!!!
will need more help in the future im sure

nisaba

Sigh. I have failed. Oh dear. How will I ever live with myself.

gregory

nisaba said:
Sigh. I have failed. Oh dear. How will I ever live with myself.
More easily than anyone else,dear !!! juju you will be SO sorry when you get it, and then we shall just have to deenable anyone from buying it off you. Can't you just cancel ?

Jewel

I should have probably come here earlier, but it is too late now. I ordered the Universal Tarot of Marseille, mainly because I do not own a Marseille deck and because Lee Bursten wrote the book and I know if anyone can get me to explore the deck it will be Lee. It is ordered, so the damage is done ...

Jewel

nisaba said:
And as for me: I'm still hankering after that Diamond deck.
I cannot remember the backs of this deck, but what I can tell you is that the actual images are very very small. Cool borders, but very small image to read from. If you want the deck for reading you are much better off with a standard RWS, that is all this is with the addition of the pretty borders. I finally sold mine because I did not feel like using a magnifying glass to read with.