A new de-enabling thread

magpie9

Diamond Tarot:
So I measured it. The actual central picture is 3.5 cm across (1 inch 6/16ths) and 5.3 cm (2 inch, 2/16th's) tall . the whole card is 4 3/4 inches long (12 cm) x 2 3/4 inches (7cm) across. AND the picture you get in the middle after all those borders is not the complete picture. For instance, the knight of wands has lost almost half the back of his horse to the borders, while the Kt of Swords has lost a whole half of his horse, and the hind end of himself, as well. Everything from his left elbow back is no longer there. No wonder he looks pissed, in as much as you can make out expression on his teeny tiny face!
The backs are colorfully ugly, a cross between a kaleidescope design and a the remains of a ticker-tape parade.
In my opinion, Marie-Louise Bergoint and Klaus Holitzka where on a very bad acid trip when they came up with this deck.

gregory

What she said. AND it will make you cross eyed.

Mags - where HAVE you been - things have gone to hell in a basket here.....

SolSionnach

magpie9 said:
Diamond Tarot:In my opinion, Marie-Louise Bergoint and Klaus Holitzka where on a very bad acid trip when they came up with this deck.
The same Holitzka of the wonderful I Ching? Wow. No kidding - bad acid trip!

I used to have that deck. The colors really appealed to me. To me the most fascinating thing was seeing how they'd taken the colors from the "card excerpt" in the center, and jazzed it up.

Then I realized that it was an unreadable piece of dreck, and sold it. Actually, I'm ashamed that I actually liked it for a bit.

V. bad piece of work

jujustar

gregory said:
juju you will be SO sorry when you get it, and then we shall just have to deenable anyone from buying it off you. Can't you just cancel ?

i know . i know, thats the worst part, i am reconsidering, because i CAN change it for something else if i want to........if i DO get it should i just creep away quietly from the de-enabling thread???

the diamond on the other hand,,,,,, ive got about 3 stuffed away somewhere, people gave them to me cos they hated them, and thought i might "be able to do something with it".......... i actually started thinking i needed glasses somewhere about 10 years ago when i actually had perfect vision, cos that was the deck i took away with me on a long holiday....all that peering gave me a squint and a very bad temper....

nisaba

jujustar said:
the diamond on the other hand,,,,,, ive got about 3 stuffed away somewhere,
Juju! Have I ever told you how much I ... oh, never mind.

De-enabled.

jujustar

nisaba said:
Juju! Have I ever told you how much I ... oh, never mind.

De-enabled.

what, you dont want one of the ones i have stuffed away???

really!!!

nisaba

jujustar said:
what, you dont want one of the ones i have stuffed away???

really!!!
<small voice> <whining> *Everybody* uses me as a garbage can! I'm de-enabled, I tell you, de-enabled.

gregory

Quick - I need help. I want a handmade one that hasn't even been made yet and will cost me more than I have.....

I could start saving....

But it is just an RWS printing....

Arrgghh. It will be historically so interesting....

nisaba

Always here to help a friend.

Gregory, you're an idiot. Exactly how many Rider-Waites have you got? And how many of those are gathering dust? you cannot even justify it as a present-in-waiting for your daughter - she's not going to thank you for just so much dross. You'll look at it once, and then eat bread and margarine for a fortnight. Instead of the deck, treat yourself to a tray of out of season mangos, some smoked salmon and a wheel of brie. You'll enjoy it much more.

Alta

sravana said:
The same Holitzka of the wonderful I Ching? Wow. No kidding - bad acid trip!
Yes, no kidding! I bought that deck because Holitzka did it because I am so enamoured of his I Ching deck. Just couldn't believe it is the same person. :( How could an artist go from spare beauty to such futz???