Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

HearthCricket

Le Fanu said:
Ive now exchanged emails with Kunati and am being kindly offered a replacement. Proof of excellent service. It is very generous and conscientious of them.

I am glad to hear of this and the post that emails went missing. I hope your replacement comes soon and you are able to fully enjoy the deck!

Queen of Pentacle

Card which are different in LE and Kunati Touchtone.

Bonnie
If you permit me,
Look at the Priestess, in the two link

- The LE Preistess is young, nosy and Haughty,
- The Kunati one is more mature and look open and cherfull.

It is surely not from the same painting. So I was wondering is many other cards were differents in the two version.

Here's again a link to the two versions.

http://www.tarotgarden.com/database/images/t-decks/touchstonekunaticards.gif
and then http://janetboyer.com/Touchstone_Tarot_LE.html

Bonnie

Yes, the LE version does look younger, but I am not convinced that they are seperate paintings.

Le Fanu

HearthCricket said:
I am glad to hear of this and the post that emails went missing. I hope your replacement comes soon and you are able to fully enjoy the deck!

Thanks... It is worth remembering that if anyone else has problems with the deck, not to send emails to the address in the accompanying book. That was the mistake I made. The address to write to is the address mentioned in the above post number 963 by Troubadour.

magpie9

Bonnie said:
Yes, the LE version does look younger, but I am not convinced that they are seperate paintings.
I have both versions and the faces are different. There are a number of small but very interesting changes from the LE to the Kunati.

Nydia

Queen of Pentacle said:
It is surely not from the same painting. So I was wondering is many other cards were differents in the two version.
Thanks for bringing this up. I only have the Kunati edition. In the book, where it lists all the parts of this card, it lists nun's body and separately, face. I'm sure the face is different, but the body is the same.

I'm curious, too, what other changes there are. I think it would be fun to compare both decks.

Queen of Pentacle

Hi Magpie and other,

Hi Magpie and others,

If ever you have the time, could you point out the cards which are different, or best, give link to pics.

I would be so exciting to see the faint (or big) variations... And maybe, get some comments on it.

Thank you for your time.

retrokat

Earlier in the thread (it's a long thread, I know ;) there was discussion about the changes, and in each individual card in the Study Group I think changes have been discussed. You can see the full new deck and all references at http://www.78friends.com/touchstone but the only way to see the old versions is to have an LE deck. Some people have commented on the card changes at 78F.

I'm not going to put the whole LE version online anywhere, at least for the time being. I like the new designs better, or else I wouldn't have made the changes :p

retrokat

PS Kunati want me to start blogging. I was thinking that discussing each card and why I chose the things I did, and more about what the card means to me, would be an idea for the blog. At least that would be 78 weeks of knowing what to write :p

Perhaps that would be a good spot to put a small version of the LE cards where they have been changed, and explain why the changes. Does that sound like a good idea?

Manda

Yes! Fabulous! I want to read more!