Your Top 5 Home Remedies....

Silverlyn

For even moods and hormones:

I take one Krill Oil (by Mega Red, AWESOME for higher amounts of Omega's, ya only need one and they're small softgels!)

With one Lithium Orotate (it is a Mineral and is for depression, mood swings, hormone swings/imbalances,etc and it WORKS!)

With one capful of Acai liquid

every morning and I'm good to go:)

You can find Lithium Orotate at healthfood stores (or PM me on where I
get mine). And it's CHEAP, which I like!

For moisturizing my face/body: I use Kiss My Face Olive and Aloe Lotion for Sensitive skin (or Vaseline Intensive Total Moisture, but this one's not 'natural). I'm sensitive to fragrances and chemicals in a lot of products, but these two I can use with no problems.

Whoever said: Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize, is RIGHT! And do your neck and outside of your ears, too!

To help combat Dark Cirlces:

I'm taking Vitamin K2, and it works! Google it, you'll find one of the causes is lack of Vit K, and most of the dark circle creams have Vit K in them...sometimes I'll make a paste of the contents of the capsule and place dabs directly on my Circles for extra help.

BlueBird5

How true is the hype about Acai products? it was featured in Oprah...

Silverlyn

BlueBird5 said:
How true is the hype about Acai products? it was featured in Oprah...

Well it depends on what you want to use it for.

It's been touted on the web and TV, etc for weightloss as one of it's benefits: I don't need to lose weight, so for weightloss,
I don't know if it helps that or not. (Probably not).

For other health benefits: says it's high in antioxidants, Omega 3's, etc:

But I basically like it for its taste and I do believe it may be better than drinking say, grape juice.

Yet, not sure if it's really any better for you (healthwise) than simply grape juice would be.

I just liken it to drinking juice's benefits, and nothing more.

(I also like Elderberry Concentrate or juice for its benefits, too).

tmgrl2

Don't remember if I mentioned..

Oil of Eucalyptus..just a few drops in laundry loads...kills dust mites. I use it always for my towels and linens.

terri

Red Emma

Home remedies

Glad to hear about dust mites and eucalyptus. One of my sons has to stay in a motel when he visits us because of the mite problem.

Thanks,

Emma

tmgrl2

Red Emma said:
Glad to hear about dust mites and eucalyptus. One of my sons has to stay in a motel when he visits us because of the mite problem.

Thanks,

Emma

I think it really helps! I have asthma and allergies and haven't been plagued as badly since I do my linens with eucalyptus oil..few drops.

Hope it works.

Many of my friends have cats and dogs who shed...I would have to stay in a motel because of that!

terri

Sophie

to clean silver, brass, copper, vitroceramic, glass...

This is a great one, if you have a fireplace or a barbecue.

Using wood ash - you need to sift it to get the grit out - and a bowl of water, dip a rag in the water, then smother it in ash. You can use that mix to clean silver, brass, copper, vitroceramic, glass and in fact most of that kind of glass or metal surface. Wear rubber cloves as the mix is toxic. It might take some rubbing but the results are better than anything I've seen, it's cleaner than commercial products and of course, it costs nothing if you happen to have ash. Once the area is clean, wipe it down with a damp cloth, then polish it with a soft clean polishing cloth. Ta-da! Sparkling!

tmgrl2

My jeweler recently suggested I clean my silver jewelry with baking soda and water mixed to a mush. I use an old toothbrush to brush it a bit..and rinse.

Works pretty well for a quick clean.

terri

Seafra

NYT article about neti pot use that a friend sent to thank me for suggesting he use one:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/14/health/14real.html?_r=1&em

Seafra said:
Haven't seen anyone mention using a neti pot. All the stuff about salt made me think of it. Neti Pots irrigate your sinus -- haven't had a sinus headache since I started using one about a year ago and I have a long history of sinus problems. The practice of nasal cleansing has been used by practitioners of Ayurveda and Yoga for thousands of years. Neti is one of the 6 purification techniques performed prior to practicing yoga as a way of preparing the body for the yoga practice. It is said to clean the Third Eye.

It is an odd thing to think about doing. A neti pot (like a tiny watering can) is filled with warm, slightly salted water and the spout of the pot is inserted into one nostril. The position of the head and pot are adjusted to allow the water to flow out of the other nostril. The technique is not as uncomfortable or difficult as it sounds. There are 'how to' vids on youtube. I bought my pot with a few packets of irrigation solution for about $14.

To make your own irrigation solution, mix a heaping 1/4 tsp of finely ground non-iodized salt or a slightly rounded 1/2 tsp of coarsely ground salt in the neti pot with 8 oz of warm water until the salt is completely dissolved.

Clover329

I have these little red bumps all over my arms. I've had them for as long as I can remember. I don't know if it's excema or rosacea or anything like that as I've never had a dr look at them or anything. But I was wondering how I can get rid of them. They usually are more prominent in the winter though they stick around all year long. Could a remedy as simple as lotion or keeping well hydrated work? Or is there an essential oil treatment I can use?

Thanks for your thoughts.
Clover