A new de-enabling thread

Nina*

gregory said:
Ummmm :bugeyed:

It can be very dangerous to those allergic to cats.

And anthropomorphism is supposed to be a Very Bad Thing. And any deck that makes other people :angel: have to look up a word like that has to be bad :D
Good try. For that you almost need a medal. :D

nisaba

Aerin said:
damning with faint praise is the nearest one is allowed to recommendation on this thread methinks...
Au contraire, praising with faint damnation is the order of the day for a de-enabling thread, no?

nisaba

gregory said:
Well that de-enables me effectively, even though I wasn't consciously aware I was tempted. <sniffle> <sneeze>.

I'm only not allergic to *real* cats - every time I see your avatar, dear Gregory, I have to wipe down my monitor.

gregory said:
And anthropomorphism is supposed to be a Very Bad Thing.
Only to Fundy scientists and Fundy Christians who, apparently, share a belief that animals don't have feelings.

gregory said:
And any deck that makes other people have to look up a word like that has to be bad :D
Any person who *has* to look up a word like that, frankly, deserves all their get. (Wearing my Intellectual Snob hat here).

Oh, goddess, I've just started sneezing for real! GREGORY!!

gregory

Nina* said:
Good try. For that you almost need a medal. :D
Thank you darling. Not metal chains please, I am allergic.

I came back to point out that the BBC keeps changing its mind and any deck that cannot decide on the colour of cats' dresses can't be trusted for a reading :mad:

And if Karen sees this - SO THERE :p

gregory

nisaba said:
Oh, goddess, I've just started sneezing for real! GREGORY!!
Serves you right. The BBC only likes ME. }) It is FAITHFUL. So there is NO POINT anyone else buying it. You hear me ???? It is FAITHFUL. A one woman deck.

*especially the two swords IN YELLOW*

Le Fanu

sravana said:
LOL!
I thought you said that the Piatnik was a granny deck!

For the record I bought this one. Why would I buy a 2nd copy of the granny deck?

ETA; link doesn´t work. O well, forget it. Somone might have seen it and liked it...

sravana said:
Yes, I think that Kat's deenabling for the etsy lenormand is spot on. Yes, the images are wonderful, but if they are irregularly trimmed, irregular sizes, and thickly-laminated, then I certainly don't need them for $40 (or whatever she's asking for the deck

Except that I found her gushing about it elsewhere :( Nightgarden swayed me more actually.... I know these pretty collagy things often end up too crowded and somhow "removed" that you can´t read easily with them...

Nightgarden

gregory said:
Kindly leave the thread. }) Slap :mad:

I shall get out the noodles. NOTHING is great, you understand me ??

NOTHING.

Ouch!

You're right: Absolutly nothing is great!

@Le Fanu

I have no problems with overcrowded Tarot-cards.

When I read with Lenormands, I use all cards in the so called "Große Tafel" (don't know the english word for it) and it's like a flow.
But there's no flow with the "Vieux-Lenomand", it's a pity

Aerin

@gregory and Nina...

Well, yes there's the thing. I can't get rid of the 'ought' - especially if it would ANNOY Mr. C.

So I need a more de-enably de-enabling.

I'm glad to find it isn't just me the cards leave cold, mind.

I sent my first to Mexico (cost ££££ to post and I got a bag I didn't especially like in trade) and my second (not as sick green, AGM) to Karen in Prague. Phew, I thought. That's it.

But now everyone is talking about it again.

Aerin

ps and the BBC does scratch you too.

gregory

Yes, the BBC scratches !!!

Thoth - I meant Al will come up and GET you. You have PM. From Al })

SolSionnach

Le Fanu said:
I presume the title Pentacle Amazon is used ironically? Is it a comedy deck?
No, it isn't. Thea's is a 60s (I think..) deck which came out of the feminist lesbian separatist movement. No men allowed!
I think it has a certain charm, but I sold mine. That tells you that it wasn't worth keeping.

As far as deenabling this deck, it's pretty limited by it's in-your-face separatism, and several of the cards are in "landscape" mode, while the rest of the deck is in "portrait" orientation.
Nightgarden said:
And-they don't read well!

As a long-time Lenormand reader (even professional) I was so excited by this wonderful pictures!
They are beautiful, but to overcrowded to really work with it.

In my opinion.

I prefer the "Jeu du destin" aka Piatnik Lenormand.
It's great!
Thanks for the further deenabling. Looking at those cards again was weakening my resolve!
Nina* said:
*whispering* BBC?
:D :D
gregory said:
Ummmm :bugeyed:

And anthropomorphism is supposed to be a Very Bad Thing. And any deck that makes other people :angel: have to look up a word like that has to be bad :D
Nice try, Gregory. :)

:party: BLUE DRESS! BLUE DRESS! BLUE DRESS!! :party:

Le Fanu said:
For the record I bought this one. Why would I buy a 2nd copy of the granny deck?

ETA; link doesn´t work. O well, forget it. Somone might have seen it and liked it...

Except that I found her gushing about it elsewhere :( Nightgarden swayed me more actually.... I know these pretty collagy things often end up too crowded and somhow "removed" that you can´t read easily with them...
I'm really curious what deck you *did* buy. Oh, I got the link to work... that one doesn't appeal to me at all (though the price is certainly right! (those Lenormands breed like *rabbits*...)
Aerin said:
@gregory and Nina...

Well, yes there's the thing. I can't get rid of the 'ought' - especially if it would ANNOY Mr. C.

So I need a more de-enably de-enabling.
Thoth. Look at that 7 cups! It looks like the cups are dripping green SNOT. :bugeyed:
And all those astrological indications? WTF? Even for someone who knows quite a bit about astrology, I cannot for the life of me figure out why Sun in Gemini = 10 Swords = Ruin (yes, the answer is in Scion's .pdf, but really!).
And that creepy fool card with the pig's nose!
and that devil card with the big phallus inserted into the sky Goddess's yoni! eeek! :eek:
And the creeeeeepy Tower card.

You don't need it if you don't really love it.