A new de-enabling thread

gregory

sravana said:
:party: BLUE DRESS! BLUE DRESS! BLUE DRESS!! :party:

:party: YELLOW DRESS! YELLOW DRESS! YELLOW DRESS!! :party:

A deck that causes this kind of conflict is by definition not one to be bought by anyone. What kind of reading could it give, poor thing.

sravana said:
Thoth. Look at that 7 cups! It looks like the cups are dripping green SNOT. :bugeyed:
:bugeyed:
If I didn't already have it, that would de-enable me... I feel rather ill, now; I think I will go lie down.

Cat*

sravana said:
Thea's is a 60s (I think..) deck which came out of the feminist lesbian separatist movement. No men allowed!
I think it has a certain charm, but I sold mine. That tells you that it wasn't worth keeping.

As far as deenabling this deck, it's pretty limited by it's in-your-face separatism, and several of the cards are in "landscape" mode, while the rest of the deck is in "portrait" orientation.
I've thought a bit about the "no men" thing. I'm so used to not reading gender literally that I don't think it would be a problem for me to only have one gender to begin with. And I actually like the idea of mono-gender decks because they can't rely on gender to symbolize "opposites" or "attraction" or "tension" or whatever else is usually symbolized by gender differences (I'd buy the Gay Tarot for the same reason if I liked the artwork better).

[FYI, if the deck came out of the lesbian separatist movement, it will be from the 1970s or early 1980s. There wasn't much of a lesbian movement before the late 1960s. ETA: TarotGarden says it was printed in 1984.]

I also like the idea of having two "perspectives" in the deck, so that's more of an advantage than a disadvantage.

Someone else also said the deck was ugly - which is of course a matter of taste. It probably wouldn't have caught my eye if the artwork didn't appeal to me...

So, not de-enabled yet. Any other reasons not to buy this one? What about the cardstock/lamination? Size?

Nightgarden

You're welcome, sravana!

magpie9

Cat* said:
So, not de-enabled yet. Any other reasons not to buy this one? What about the cardstock/lamination? Size?
It's just not good in bed. It stomps around gay bars in a very old Butch Dyke way. It shrugs and adjusts it's balls. It lives in a time capsule, and carries it's boombox along on dates so it can start the seduction music anywhere. It requires 2 phone calls a day or it's mad at you. It drinks a lot of beer and gets sloppy drunk.
I'm not gonna tell you how to live, b-u-u-u-u-u-t?

Cat*

magpie9 said:
It's just not good in bed. It stomps around gay bars in a very old Butch Dyke way. It shrugs and adjusts it's balls. It lives in a time capsule, and carries it's boombox along on dates so it can start the seduction music anywhere. It requires 2 phone calls a day or it's mad at you. It drinks a lot of beer and gets sloppy drunk.
I'm not gonna tell you how to live, b-u-u-u-u-u-t?
*LOL* After the first sentence, that sounded very enabling indeed! Until you came to the required phone calls and drunkness, that is. *sigh* I've had enough of either of these for a lifetime. *sigh*

(I suppose that the mere thought of trying to gently sort out its bad parts will immediately land me in a compulsory CR group for codependents?) ;)

I think I will just throw it some sideways looks from a distance then, for now... A girl CAN dream, right?

SolSionnach

gregory said:
If I didn't already have it, that would de-enable me... I feel rather ill, now; I think I will go lie down.
:D Sorry - I didn't mean to give you the vapors..
Cat* said:
[FYI, if the deck came out of the lesbian separatist movement, it will be from the 1970s or early 1980s. There wasn't much of a lesbian movement before the late 1960s. ETA: TarotGarden says it was printed in 1984.]
Oh, thanks for the info re: its dates. I'm not a lesbian (though I have friends who are, LOL). I pulled the 60s date out of my .... ahem...

Size - it's smallish and comes in a nice lidded box. Cardstock - meh. IIRC thinnish, but laminated. Of course, it's not colorful :)
Nightgarden said:
You're welcome, sravana!
:D :D :D Of course, thank heaven that I already have the Piatnik, otherwise you'd be wet-noodled for enabling me on that one. ;)

SolSionnach

gregory said:
:party: YELLOW DRESS! YELLOW DRESS! YELLOW DRESS!! :party:

A deck that causes this kind of conflict is by definition not one to be bought by anyone. What kind of reading could it give, poor thing.

:party: BLUE DRESS! BLUE DRESS! BLUE DRESS!! :party:

AGREED. Who needs a deck that causes a riot?
Speaking of which - I'm thinking, and can't come up with another deck that could cause a riot. Balbi, perhaps?

Nightgarden

sravana said:
:
:D :D :D Of course, thank heaven that I already have the Piatnik, otherwise you'd be wet-noodled for enabling me on that one. ;)

I never would!
*wispers* It's great!

gregory

Nightgarden said:
I never would!
*wispers* It's great!
Do you never learn. May I quote myself (well, I shall anyway....)

gregory said:
Kindly leave the thread. }) Slap :mad:

I shall get out the noodles. NOTHING is great, you understand me ??

NOTHING.

Thea's. It isn't so much that it is all women; it is the way it hates men. It hides in dark alleys to ambush them. It kicks them in the goolies. It sneers at their chest hair (well, OK, so do I.... :laugh:) It makes fun of their - er - manly bits. It's just RUDE and ILL MANNERED.

MysticalMoose

gregory said:
It sneers at their chest hair (well, OK, so do I.... :laugh:)
Me too! I like smooth muscly chests (ok too much info }) )...anyway this sounds like one hell of a deck, you are in danger of enabling me! :bugeyed: