A new de-enabling thread

SolSionnach

Me :heart:s chest hair.

There, I said it. lol

Okay okay okay

SOMEONE KEEP ME FROM BUYING THE FANTASTICAL CREATURES by Lisa Hunt!!!

Oh wait!!!!!!! The FIFTH TAROT!!!!

nisaba

Don't look at me for help. I find the best way to not buy decks is to run out of money.

So ...

Run out of money.

cardlady22

Re: Lisa Hunt
My friend, you need the kind of help that I am unequal to! Drat that Greenwood vs Wildwood thread . . .

Ummmm, it switches suit elements . . . nope, that's lame.

Strange & bizarre Goddesses of De-enabling, your daughters summon thee with trembling, button-clicking fingers!

Debra

I'll try to say something de-enabling about Thea's tarot.

Um. Some of the cards are renamed (for example, the fool is "innocence").

Um. And the edges of the cards get stained by the dark red box.

Um. It's likely to be expensive, if you can find it.

sapienza

sravana said:

Oh wait!!!!!!! The FIFTH TAROT!!!!

I don't have either of these decks and after having a look at the scans of the Fantastical Creatures I'm damn sure I'll never have that one. It's kind of pretty in a 'new age greeting card' sort of way, but I can't imagine actually using it as a tarot deck. To me it has similar issues to the Paulina, 'pretty' artwork, but a very same-same kind of feeling with all the cards. Nice to look at but generally useless for much else.

As for the Fifth Tarot....well, it's kind of not a tarot, given the whole fifth suit thing. Also I have a bit of trouble with the 'fire, shells, feathers, stones and lotus' thing.....do you really have time for this deck??? Sounds like it would need quite a lot of your undivided attention.

MysticalMoose

Hmmm Fantastical Creatures?....well... I have looked thru this one as my friend has it & its extremely beautiful....but...it's beautiful in the same way as Animals Divine & I just CANNOT read with the AD it seems rather vague & to me the images are more an oracle than tarot so that has been enough to put me off buying it.

gregory

The Fifth Tarot.

Let's put it this way. I have it. I opened it. I put it away. It has been in the house three weeks or something and I haven't felt the SLIGHTEST need to get it out again so I can't even tell you what it was that disinspired me. I think that's the first time a deck has left me that cold. Even the Charmed fascinated me enough that I get it out occasionally to take another look....

Cat*

Debra said:
I'll try to say something de-enabling about Thea's tarot.
Um. Some of the cards are renamed (for example, the fool is "innocence").
Um. And the edges of the cards get stained by the dark red box.
Um. It's likely to be expensive, if you can find it.
I admire your effort (since I saw you particularly like that deck). ;)
Re-naming: no problem.
Stained edges: not great, but probably not an issue if I put it in a bag like all my other decks.
Expensive/HTF: not necessarily. :D (saying no more)

gregory said:
Thea's. It isn't so much that it is all women; it is the way it hates men. It hides in dark alleys to ambush them. It kicks them in the goolies. It sneers at their chest hair (well, OK, so do I.... :laugh:) It makes fun of their - er - manly bits. It's just RUDE and ILL MANNERED.
So it's not particularly suitable for relationship readings for people who love men, then? ;)

Honestly, even though this deck and I would obviously have to agree to disagree about a few things (and I might have to hang onto its belt tightly if we ever go out together, it still sounds nicer than the Motherpeace or Daughters of the Moon (not to mention the extremely more Cat*-pleasing artwork of the Thea's)...

I think I'll keep an eye on both of the black and white decks I like (Thea's and Light and Shadow), but won't buy either of them right now... At least an impulse buy was prevented!

Aerin

sravana said:

Well, it's pretty as an oracle but you won't read with it.

Aerin

gregory

Cat* said:
Honestly, even though this deck and I would obviously have to agree to disagree about a few things (and I might have to hang onto its belt tightly if we ever go out together, it still sounds nicer than the Motherpeace or Daughters of the Moon (not to mention the extremely more Cat*-pleasing artwork of the Thea's)...
It is nicer than both of those. That does NOT make it nice....}) And no - you could not use it for ANYTHING to do with men.... Now just go buy a nice puffy cushion instead. (I'm on a diet. Can you tell ???)