A new de-enabling thread

Nina*

jackdaw* said:
Well ... let's see:

1. Legacy of the Divine: bad Llewellyn cardstock and packaging and useless Llewellyn companion book. Same work as the Gilded but with minors that aren't as good. Substitutes dreaminess and ethereal-ness for Tarot-usefulness.
2. Shadowscapes: as before ... bad Llewellyn cardstock and packaging and useless Llewellyn companion book. Too much SPACE in the images, will mean that when published there will be huge empty spaces and wee little tiny little figures that will be lost in the card. These images are gorgeous online, and likely as prints, but most definitely not designed to fit into the constraints of a Tarot card.
3. spare Deirdre: I know you said this was useless to de-enable, but I'll try ;) With the money you'll save, you could buy a deck you don't have! Enjoy the one you have, and let it acquire that lovely worn, I-love-this-deck-and-use- it-all-the-time feel.
4. Rumi: it's just the novelty. Lie down for a while and see if the curiousity fades. If you do get it, you will have to learn all about Rumi and all his works and get sucked in and never get free. Never never. And as before: bad Llewellyn cardstock and packaging etc.
5. Truthseekers: yes, lovely majors. But how 'bout them minors? You'll have a dust collector with lovely majors. But as you've said before that ONE bad card can ruin the deck for you, how will you deal with fifty-six of them???
6. Sweet Twilight: dunno, can't comment. All I know is that it doesn't appeal to me in the least slightest little bit.

Hope this helps a little ...

Thank you, JD, Sravana and Magpie!!! :*

Definitely de-enabled on the Legacy, Shadowscapes, Thruthseekers and the Sweet Twilight. Honestly (well... Shadowscapes will depend on whether JD is right. I don't want big empty spaces!!!).

As for the Rumi. Okay... I'll give it a bit more time and see if it IS just the novelty. Wouldn't be the first time for sure.

But it's really pretty.
*zip*

magpie9

nisaba said:
I WAS TALKING TO HER! She de-enabled you as though she owned the thing. Of course, we all know that she *couldn't*, really - Gregory's not that kind of girl. Really. I mean, under that mountain of decks beats the soul of moderation and reasonableness, Right?

(Pssst! Gregory! Stop buying things!)
Oh. :bugeyed: Never Mind, then. Let's just pick on Gregory, instead. In a moderate and reasonable way, of course.

Debra

As long as smacking is happening, would someone please smack sravana.

And then me.

<stands bravely>

nisaba

Debra said:
As long as smacking is happening, would someone please smack sravana.

And then me.

<stands bravely>
No, you might enjoy it too much. Anyway, you aren't lusting after any decks at the moment, so in *here* I can't smack you. Tell me your deepest desires - and if they're Tarot decks *then* I'll smack you.

SolSionnach

sapienza said:
Here is a link that I found for the Vacchetta download...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/4893253/Vacchetta-Deck

Now you won't need to buy the deck. Enjoy :)
Yesterday I had 4 copies, today I have three. I have 2 of the LS version (one trimmed, one not) and a Del Solleone version.

Someone else in this thread saw my deenabling, and PMed me to buy my other Del Solleone! :bugeyed:

But I'm not telling, she'll have to. :D

sapienza

For someone who is holding on to three copies, you did quite a good job of de-enabling.....not that it seems to have worked :laugh:

SolSionnach

sapienza said:
For someone who is holding on to three copies, you did quite a good job of de-enabling.....not that it seems to have worked :laugh:
Well. . . .

I really *don't* like the Meneghello version, and the LS one has those ICKY HIDEOUS GREEN BORDERS FROM HELL.

What's a girl to do?

Answer: Get out the scissors!

nisaba

sravana said:
Someone else in this thread saw my deenabling, and PMed me to buy my other Del Solleone! :bugeyed:

But I'm not telling, she'll have to. :D
<shaking head sadly> Whoever she was. she was an Enlightened Soul. She didn't buy to get a deck for herself, but in the spirit of true friendship and de-enabling, she bought the deck from you to Save You From Yourself. What a noble, heroic act, falling on her sword - or her extra detestable deck - to save you from it.