A new de-enabling thread

gregory

nisaba said:
I WAS TALKING TO HER! She de-enabled you as though she owned the thing. Of course, we all know that she *couldn't*, really - Gregory's not that kind of girl. Really. I mean, under that mountain of decks beats the soul of moderation and reasonableness, Right?

(Pssst! Gregory! Stop buying things!)
I do NOT have it. (Not least because it isn't actually OUT yet :D)

But I do have the odd deck on its way. So OK- pick on me. <snif sob>

I am very old. You might give me a heart attack....

But the Sola Busca - how many historical decks do you need ?

gregory

nisaba said:
<shaking head sadly> Whoever she was. she was an Enlightened Soul. She didn't buy to get a deck for herself, but in the spirit of true friendship and de-enabling, she bought the deck from you to Save You From Yourself. What a noble, heroic act, falling on her sword - or her extra detestable deck - to save you from it.
OK - it was you, wasn't it. *boils noodles hopefully*

Manda

gregory said:

I know who it was, and I am eternally grateful to her because I was this close to purchasing it.

And I have at least been temporarily de-enabled from the Vacchetta/Tarot of the Master in all its' forms, because if I get one, I need them all, and I have used Nisaba's favored method of being de-enabled; that is, running out of money.

Also, sravana's post on it was brilliant!

gregory

emmsma said:
Yay! Thank you.

It IS ok to enable printing your own, isn't it?
Anything that does not involve money (which includes excessive paypal balances) is OK in my book. :thumbsup:

SolSionnach

nisaba said:
<shaking head sadly> Whoever she was. she was an Enlightened Soul. She didn't buy to get a deck for herself, but in the spirit of true friendship and de-enabling, she bought the deck from you to Save You From Yourself. What a noble, heroic act, falling on her sword - or her extra detestable deck - to save you from it.
In that case, I suppose I should've paid HER to take it off my hands, eh?
gregory said:
Nope. Wasn't Nisaba.
emmsma said:
Yay! Thank you.

It IS ok to enable printing your own, isn't it?
Absolutely. That way you get to enjoy the deck without spending any money... other than for paper, computer, printer, printer ink, coloring supplies (crayons not recommended), and later on... cardstock and lamination because you really want to read with it.

:bugeyed:

But it will be really FUN. (ahem)
Manda said:
I know who it was, and I am eternally grateful to her because I was this close to purchasing it.

And I have at least been temporarily de-enabled from the Vacchetta/Tarot of the Master in all its' forms, because if I get one, I need them all, and I have used Nisaba's favored method of being de-enabled; that is, running out of money.

Also, sravana's post on it was brilliant!
Let's hear it for lack of funds!
:bugeyed: ..... :bugeyed: ..... :bugeyed:

I'm glad you enjoyed my post. I am very opinionated when it comes to the Vacchetta decks and all their permutations. I'm very happy with the three I have now: one Del Solleone, one trimmed LS, and one untrimmed LS. May the first and the last be worth an arm and a leg in 20 years!

My paypal balance is burning a hole in my wallet.. I think I'll buy an iPod Nano! :) (any deenabling for that one?)

I have to say - this is the funnest (!) thread I've ever participated in anywhere on the internets! Well... maybe the recent Facebook thread where several of my symphony colleagues tore apart our recent Mariachi Pops concert to shreds in Dr Seuss and limericks... that was a stitch, too!

I quite enjoy going postal on various tarot decks - even the ones I like!

....if only someone would come here for Greenwood Tarot deenabling. Now *that* would be fun! (and it's one of my top 5!)

cardlady22

re: printing your own

sravana said:
Absolutely. That way you get to enjoy the deck without spending any money... other than for paper, computer, printer, printer ink, coloring supplies (crayons not recommended), and later on... cardstock and lamination because you really want to read with it.

Aside from the disgraceful lack of morals, you can actually spend more per deck doing it that way! I had a panic attack when I saw how much my mother-in-law pays for a color inkjet cartridge set! Don't get me started on the custom deck I laminated using magazine/catalog photos and business card pouches!!!

No, my dear ones. The best solution is to archive the scan pages on your hard drive. No dead trees, pollution, need for replacements, etc.

Le Fanu

... I live in hope of seeing a "Ive just seen the Victorian Romantic Gold for $15, can anyone de-enable me?"

That would be a fun challenge...

SolSionnach

Le Fanu said:
... I live in hope of seeing a "Ive just seen the Victorian Romantic Gold for $15, can anyone de-enable me?"

That would be a fun challenge...
Answer: no. Just buy it! :D

SolSionnach

cardlady22 said:
Aside from the disgraceful lack of morals, you can actually spend more per deck doing it that way! I had a panic attack when I saw how much my mother-in-law pays for a color inkjet cartridge set! Don't get me started on the custom deck I laminated using magazine/catalog photos and business card pouches!!!
But, it's so much F.U.N.!!!

In this case, you wouldn't use up your color cartridges, because you'd be printing a b/w deck.

I actually have done a bit of this - I enlarged the Light and Shadow and printed it on some heavy paper, and started watercoloring it. I never finished, but my plan was to take it back to the copy shop, reduce it, and laminate those.

The interesting thing was how the copier toner/ink resisted the watercolors. It kept the colors inside the lines. Very interesting experience. But you have to have heavier paper than usual to use watercolor effectively.

Just my $0.02