All new de-enabling thread

SolSionnach

You know how I feel about the AIT lol

Okay, so I'm deenabled from the Golden Rider (did anyone even NOTICE that when I announced it up thread??? did ya??? did ya???).

I was hankering for the Estensi - but then I saw the 2/Wands. sheesh.

I'm vaccillating on the 7-fold thing (maybe I should buy a print of the temperance card and be done with it...), but I do want Place's facsimile deck - IF it's not going to be offered as a 22+pips and courts "real" deck anytime soon.

What about Huson's new deck? the Dame Fortuna's Wheel? I have it on preorder at TG, can buy it for the preorder price... what kind of pips does it have - scenes? And are they RWS?

Info will probably do it for deenabling for that deck...

sapienza

I don't have my Dame Fortune yet, it's on it's way to me, so I can't say too much. But...you can see scans of some of the cards that Ric from LS posted in this thread:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=75753&page=9&pp=10

Go to post#90, on page 9. Also from about p.12 on people start getting their decks and there are mixed reviews. Oh, and post #126 on p.13 there is a link to the extended LWB. Reading through that should give you a feel for whether you'd be able to work with it or not.

The minors are not RWS, they are based on Etteilla, but of course there are some similarities. I know some people did not like the colouring, too bright, too yellow etc. The star is a nude male, I recall someone didn't like that much. As I say, I don't have it yet so that's about all I can do for now.

Debra

Deenabled from the Golden Rider! Yay, you, yay, us!

On the other forums they'd be giving you "love and light." This is a Tough Neighborhood--cigars and brandy for everyone!

sravana said:
I'm vaccillating on the 7-fold thing (maybe I should buy a print of the temperance card and be done with it...)

If you'd be happy with a print of one card, you don't want the whole thing.

jujustar

a stern warning about ignoring the de-enablers

well, a few weeks ago i announced my intention to buy the Masonic Tarot, was instructed not to do so,, and of course went and bought it anyway....

so ........it was everything gregory and sravana said....and more.....

i just sold it.

i have learnt my lesson.

Aerin

sapienza said:
Le Fanu, I have the Psycards, but not the book. I like the idea of them, but never use them. I actually love the artwork, but I don't use them because I feel like some of the cards are quite negative and really difficult to put a positive spin on, such as 'the liar', 'prison' and 'destruction'. Also, you have 'yes', 'no', 'now' and 'never' cards which make absolutely NO sense in readings. I guess it might seem like a good idea, but with all the gorgeous decks you have I think using this one would be a complete waste of your time.

I have the cards. I HAD the book. It is not worth having so I traded it. The cards are an oracle, pretty but well pretty. Go to the website and play there instead: you don't need the hysical cards.

Aerin

SolSionnach

sapienza said:
I don't have my Dame Fortune yet, it's on it's way to me, so I can't say too much.
Thanks so much for the links. I'd been looking at that thread off and on, and after re-reading it I'm sure that I don't need that deck. YELLOW! :p In fact, I'm going to cancel my TG backorder.

I'm still way interested in that Facsimile deck from R Place. .. but since it isn't out yet I'll be putting it on the back burner. :)
Debra said:
Deenabled from the Golden Rider! Yay, you, yay, us!

On the other forums they'd be giving you "love and light." This is a Tough Neighborhood--cigars and brandy for everyone!
Wow. This *is* a tough neighborhood!
Debra said:
If you'd be happy with a print of one card, you don't want the whole thing.
But a print of one card is $25, the annotated deck is $50. :bugeyed:

I'm also putting this one on the back burner. I'm not convinced either way.
jujustar said:
well, a few weeks ago i announced my intention to buy the Masonic Tarot, was instructed not to do so,, and of course went and bought it anyway....

Hey jujustar,
Sorry you had that experience. :( I was hot for it back in the day (what amazing colors!) but when I had it in hand, not so much. Is that Ace of Cups hideous, or what? :bugeyed:

Of course, now you are obliged to haunt this thread, and POWERFULLY deenable anyone who wanders by, asking about the Masonic! It's called karma, baybee... :) :)

Jaws_Victim

Two decks on my mind: The Jean Noblet tarot and the Giant Rider Waite deck.

I love the Noblet tarot, but I don't like super small decks. The beautiful restored colors are wonderful and I still need to get my first Marseille deck.

Rider is one of my favorites and I've long been looking to get a larger version of it.

Also, Halloween Deck. Thoughts?

nisaba

jujustar said:

i just sold it.
<laughter> You know Gregory'd never even think about selling her copy?? Now, that's powerful de-enabling!

Le Fanu

Jaws_Victim said:
Two decks on my mind: The Jean Noblet tarot and the Giant Rider Waite deck.

I love the Noblet tarot, but I don't like super small decks. The beautiful restored colors are wonderful and I still need to get my first Marseille deck.

Rider is one of my favorites and I've long been looking to get a larger version of it.

Also, Halloween Deck. Thoughts?

The Noblet is cold, uninviting, remote. Keeps you at arm's length. Think of all that snooty exclusiveness which the Marseilles has a reputation for, and the Noblet has it in lorryloads. There are cheaper, cosier, friendlier Marseilles which I refuse to mention here.... But the Noblet ; too cold and austere....

I recently got the giant RWS and it makes you realise how bad the shading of the RWS is close up (or maybe it is only the Giant RWS which has bad shading?). I was a bit surprised at the cross-hatching and the details. Far better not to have it magnified like that. What you can't see won't bother you. Plus you will only be able to find a Printed in Italy version with the typeset font. Not the best version of the RWS. Far better to hold out for the Commemorative set (recommending a deck which is impossible to buy because it hasn't been released yet doesn't count as enabling). Far better a smaller, wonderfully done RWS than a shoddy BIG one. Besides, after the initial "WOW (look at the size!)" factor, you really don't need a big RWS.

The Halloween? Can't even be bothered dissing that one, I mean, what's the point?

magpie9

Oy, the Noblet.
If you're going to get a Marseilles, do yourself a favor and get one where Temperance isn't a Pinhead. Really. The anatomy in this deck is unspeakably bad, and it doesn't make up for it in warmth, as Le Fanu has so ably pointed out. It's a pissy prissy French deck with it's head up it's Doo-Dah, and you could do better blindfolded sticking a pin in a Marseilles catalog. And it's overpriced, to make up for it.