All new de-enabling thread

gregory

nisaba said:
<laughter> You know Gregory'd never even think about selling her copy?? Now, that's powerful de-enabling!
I am the BIZ. :D :royal:

And the Noblet really is unshufflable. And the Psycards are not even pictures, IMHO.

Masonic - I hate to say I told you so, so will leave you to think it }) LISTEN to me another time, OK ?

And I have a better one of everything, so forget them all. I have to go sandpaper the stairs now - be good.

SolSionnach

gregory said:
And I have a better one of everything, so forget them all.
Mercy. lol

All those visconti-whatevers are confusing, aren't they?
I had the USG huuuuge Pierpont Morgan, and sold it a while back. I thought that I *should* like it. Guess what? Scapini cards, with hot pink and electric blue highlights. The man was insane.

I now have 2, both of which have their weak points. the LS is too golden (ooooh, sparkles!), but well shufflable. The Meneghello is wonderful - but completely unshufflable (worse than the Noblet!!!). There is a huge size Meneghello as well... which might be nice... (carte-karuta...) but is $$$$$$$. And I cannot imagine what attempting to shuffle that deck would be like. Huge with impossible cardstock. A.C.K.

Of course, then there's this:
Aerin said:
Too much gold, stupid fattish faces
Can't argue with that!

magpie9

Debra said:
Check.

Magpie likes the US Games Visconti Sforza. But everyone knows she's easy.
easy??? Easy????EASY???EASY???? You're calling me easy when you've just been rolled by some sleazoid super-Pricey Italian Reproduction Deck?? O the Pity of it, Oh the Horror!

<magpie stomps off considering the probable air mail cost to ship a young toad in a tarot box. Not to mention the bubble wrap involved.....>

Sulis

gregory said:
This is UNFAIR :mad: If I had posted that I would have been told I was off topic and wasn't de-enabling and modded out. Where's Sulis when I REALLY want to see someone ELSE get it in the neck ???

(excuse me, Alta. You know I love you really, and you best warn him about this thread..... Other creators have been upset by it !!!!)

But I can't see that Cary-Yale or not sheet - not that I ever buy sheets,so I can look !

I'm here and you're right gregory, thank you :D, how did I miss that blatant non-de-enabling????

Back to de-enabling please and slapped wrists for Alta :eek:

gregory

Sulis said:
I'm here and you're right gregory, thank you :D, how did I miss that blatant non-de-enabling????

Back to de-enabling please and slapped wrists for Alta :eek:
Thanks Sulis. It is NICE to see a GOOD person :angel: get done over ! })

Now look you lot. No-one needs more than one VS. Decide which SINGLE ONE to get. Now this is the de enabling thread - that means - get the CHEAPEST one from LS - it is pretty and the gold is so gold you notice the substitute cards less....

OK - so no-one likes LS decks. Then don't get one at all. Job done :D

...now, about that new black and white deck (Faulkner) I would have to send a real CHEQUE for ..... Not even paypal which I can pretend isn't real money.....

magpie9

gregory said:
...now, about that new black and white deck (Faulkner) I would have to send a real CHEQUE for ..... Not even paypal which I can pretend isn't real money.....
Faulkner? As in the American Southern writer? that woulds be pretty grim. Are there Scans? It's hard to gut-kick a deck without Scans.

Le Fanu

Take it from me; no Visconti ever satisfies whether Yale or Sforza of whatever edition... I love all historic decks and I don't understand why I never reach for the Viscontis.

It is because there is no truly great, shufflable edition of any of them...

And what on earth is the Faulkner deck? Is that to be found alongside the Virginia Woolf Tarot (with Mrs Dalloway as the Queen of Cups) or the Walt Whitman Majors? See how tarot rumours start...

gregory

I cannot possibly comment lest it lead someone astray - I already accidentally led someone else to order it just an hour ago..... just by saying I knew how....

But it is the artist's name, not the author.....

Mind - I still want a Dark Materials deck.....

baba-prague

gregory said:
I cannot possibly comment lest it lead someone astray - I already accidentally led someone else to order it just an hour ago..... just by saying I knew how....

Gregory! You know quite well that this aura of mystery and intrigue is NOT de-enabling. I just had to take a firm grip on myself and not go looking for this deck. And I was totally uninterested in it before reading your post.

gregory

})

I was alerted to it on another forum and I really DON'T want to fall (this month....) as it WOULD mean writing a real live cheque..... I do need help.... but I DON'T want to lead anyone astray....

However....

.....if you must

I want the Walt Whitman Majors now, too. And the Max Ernst. And the Magritte.