All new de-enabling thread

gregory

nisaba said:
Don't ever get your first, no matter what it is.
:bugeyed:

Nice one. *applauds*

Why didn't I know you in 1975. (were you even BORN then ????)

nisaba

gregory said:
:bugeyed:

Nice one. *applauds*

Why didn't I know you in 1975. (were you even BORN then ????)
Fank you, fank you. <bows>

I was not only born then, I had had a fatal moment as a teenager in the kid's bedroom of a friend of my parents, where a completely incompetent child did me a Celtic Cross with a miniature Rider-Waite. It was a useless reading and I was hooked.

Maybe the fundies are right when they say these cards are evil - but for all the wrong reasons! One exposure and you're hooked - that's worse than cigarettes! So I repeat, don't buy any decks!

Oh, Gregory, you know perfectly well how old I am. I think you'll find, if amongst your shoulder-deep stockpile of decks you have a calendar somewhere, that I must have been born in or around 1960.

Which means my brain must have turned to jelly by now.

Which means if I like Tarot, you can be sure it's not a good thing top like.

Stop buying decks - it only encourages the publishers.

gregory

Yes - I checked after I posted. It looks like we may have bought our first decks ON THE SAME DAY !!!!! :bugeyed:

Now if THAT isn't a de-enabling I don't know what is !!!! Anyone who wouldn't mind being one of us sure as hell won't want to be both !!!!!

Debra

Le Fanu said:
For some odd reason, they changed the French titles, which were just so much a part of it and put the titles in English.

Mine's in French.

sapienza

Thanks for the input re the IJJ Le Fanu, I know you're a big fan. I also know I don't NEED it. So, I've decided that what I'll do is just let it linger on my non-urgent wish list and if I happen to see it somewhere second hand or on e-bay then I'll get it. But only if it has French titles!

gregory said:
Yes - I checked after I posted. It looks like we may have bought our first decks ON THE SAME DAY !!!!! :bugeyed:

Now if THAT isn't a de-enabling I don't know what is !!!! Anyone who wouldn't mind being one of us sure as hell won't want to be both !!!!!

:laugh: That's it! I'm de-enabled for life. :D

Seriously though, I'm actually pretty content with the decks I have just now. I really don't have much on my wish-list except for out of print stuff (and an old edition of the IJJ :)). I'm thinking of going cold turkey on the whole deck-buying thing. Perhaps I should swear off new purchases until Christmas. I've sure got enough new stuff to last me at least until then. So, to help me through I'll remember gregory and nisaba, imagine becoming BOTH of them :bugeyed: and that should do the trick!

Aerin

Le Fanu said:
OK, you're going have to stop and seriously think about this one and - hopefully - are de-enabled along the way.

For some odd reason, they changed the French titles, which were just so much a part of it and put the titles in English. I don't know if, like me, you get irritated with Anglicised foreign decks. I want my Italians to speak Italian, my Rohrig to speak German, (and of course my RWS and Thoth to speak English) and my Swiss cards to speak French. So even if you do weaken and decide to buy it, you can't rush out this afteroon and buy it; some serious scouting around is needed. Otherwise you'll get a deck with only half the atmosphere.

Plus it such a quintessentially 70s deck. It seems somehow pointless to buy it now. You probably won't really use it (I don't; I just take it out to coo nostalgically over and remember heady 70s days and Tales of the Unexpected). The expression "you had to be there" springs to mind. It just seems pointless to be tracking one down in 2009. Trust me, Im a huge 1JJ fan, but the A.Italian, and some of the other historical reproductions (not necessary to name in this thread), win hands down for graphic/ reproduction quality and also readability...

I agree. I got mine for 99p on ebay and that's all I do with it too. Lots come up on uk ebay, and I mean lots, and they don't go for muh money at all. Which shows its lack of real value.

Aerin

ps I actually don't know what language the titles are in... have to look.

Le Fanu

Aerin said:
ps I actually don't know what language the titles are in... have to look.

The 60s, 70s and 80s, and probably even 90s, editions have the French titles. Recently though, for some reason, the titles were changed to English...

SolSionnach

Had one - charming images, but the color is stark and garish.

Juno and Jupiter? Huh?

I traded mine. There are many nicer decks, if you must buy something.

coyoteblack

I need help with 2 decks.

the The Pamela Colman Smith Commemorative Set really awesome book with the deck and coolpackage . I love books as much as decks.

the second and in some way harder is legacey of the divine! i saved for this deck and I saw ciro and his wife at the Readers Studio. i was in love with this deck at first site. and ciro even made a cool site or this as well.