All new de-enabling thread

SolSionnach

coyoteblack said:
I need help with 2 decks.

the The Pamela Colman Smith Commemorative Set really awesome book with the deck and coolpackage . I love books as much as decks.

the second and in some way harder is legacey of the divine! i saved for this deck and I saw ciro and his wife at the Readers Studio. i was in love with this deck at first site. and ciro even made a cool site or this as well.
PCS - Oh, come on. Did you look at the horrible backs? All those pics by PCS in the book are easily available on the web. Do you really need another book? What if your bookcase fell on you? Would you survive? :bugeyed:
I note that you don't have a RWS. Is that because you think it's ugly? Well - this is just another ugly RWS! (as well as being another marketing ploy to separate you from your money!!) :mad:

LotD - Ummm. So. You like bad 80s airbrush art? Bon Jovi album covers? Airbrushed Van Art? Made up worlds? :rolleyes: Tacky, tacky, tacky. I guess there's no accounting for taste.

Yes, there is a website all about the deck. Do you know anything at all about marketing? About how people manipulate you into thinking that they have something Soooper Speshul (tm) that you NEED!!!!1!!! OMG :bugeyed: :bugeyed: :bugeyed: !!!!!!1! ... and when you buy it, you're already on to the next "must have"?

I've been there. DON'T GO THERE.

(help... I'm thinking about ordering the Golden Rider AGAIN!!!1! OMG :bugeyed:)

sapienza

sravana said:
(help... I'm thinking about ordering the Golden Rider AGAIN!!!1! OMG :bugeyed:)

WHAT :bugeyed: The world has gone mad.....well, you have gone mad anyway sravana. Try and think of at least ten GOOD reasons why you want this deck. I bet you can't. You need to just let this one go :)

SolSionnach

sapienza said:
WHAT :bugeyed: The world has gone mad.....well, you have gone mad anyway sravana. Try and think of at least ten GOOD reasons why you want this deck. I bet you can't. You need to just let this one go :)
10 reasons? Lessee...

1) the only other RWS I have is my poorly-trimmed UW.
2) I don't have any other decks that scream **60s**
3) I like AGM cardstock
4) I'm sick of decks that are scribbled with pencil,
5) or blotted with watercolor,
6) or are too-slick CGI.
7) I prefer the rich colors of oil paints
8) I don't like any other RWS - ORWS - measles! RWS - uuugly! RRW - weird faces, Illuminated - $$!!$$!$!, UW - lamination! Albano - head trip??
9) Everyone needs a good RWS in their collection - and my UW's titles are trimmed off, so it doesn't count.
10) After all I've been through recently, I deserve a new deck!!

Okay folks, tear into the above!

sapienza

Have you ever thought that the reason you are so unhappy with all your other RWS decks is because there just isn't a good RWS? I mean, I understand the significance of the deck as far as the development of modern tarot and all that bla bla bla....but come one....the thing is UGLY! Doesn't matter how you dress it up, whether it's with oil paints or whatever, it's still going to be UGLY. You can always see scans on line if you need it for reference. But it's not like you are ever going to read with it! I mean how could it ever compare with the other more beautiful decks you have? I'm not about to tell you that you don't deserve a new deck, perhaps you do.....but if you've been through a lot lately then you need to be rewarded with something more interesting (and less ugly) than the Golden Rider. I could make some suggestions but it hardly seems appropriate to do it here ;)

If you REALLY wanted this deck you wouldn't still be trying to get de-enabled, you'd have already ordered it. You don't want this deck and you certainly don't need this deck. Let it go :)

conversus

Those are really good reasons Sravana, especially the last!

Everybody ought to have at least one of these these--a RWS deck that they actually use. I think that I like the Golden Rider, at least from the scans, it does have some serious eyeshadow issues. The faces also are a bit iffy, at least to me. And then there is the prevalence of brown, or is it all really matte-gold? If it is matte-gold, I might have to buy one too! <but you don't know that!!!> Freddy's colouring is really 60's.

I think that you should hold out for the Illuminated. I would if I had any restraint to speak of!

You know that you want to do the right thing. Is this the right thing?

CED

sapienza

conversus said:
Everybody ought to have at least one of these these--a RWS deck that they actually use.

:bugeyed: I'm afraid I have to disagree. This is the de-enabling thread. Nobody ought to have anything.

conversus said:
I think that you should hold out for the Illuminated.

OR....you could just NOT GET EITHER. Where are all the experts?.....I need some serious help around here :D

conversus

sapienza said:
Have you ever thought that the reason you are so unhappy with all your other RWS decks is because there just isn't a good RWS?

This may be all that really needs to be said! But many many people will not support this opinion.

After reviewing scans of the whole deck, I suggest that the Golden Rider is one of those decks with very odd faces!

You want to show restraint for a reason.

CED

faunabay

coyoteblack said:
I need help with 2 decks.

the The Pamela Colman Smith Commemorative Set really awesome book with the deck and coolpackage . I love books as much as decks.

the second and in some way harder is legacey of the divine! i saved for this deck and I saw ciro and his wife at the Readers Studio. i was in love with this deck at first site. and ciro even made a cool site or this as well.
I"m noticing that everyone, except sravana, is skipping over this request to deenable the Legacy of the Divine. LOL })
I notice this because I was waiting to see what everyone would say for deenabling myself. :laugh:
Anyone????

Sinduction

The massed produced version? No.

But for the limited edition, if the card stock is anything like the ToD, I can de-enable. :D

Debra

Legacy of the Divine artwork: think of what's airbrushed on the side of a Chevy van occupied by a couple of grody looking guys with a six-pack of beer, a well-thumbed I Ching, and a couple of sleeping bags in the back. They stopped shaving because they're groovy, man, and hoping to find some groovy chicks to take for a ride. Because, you know, it's like cosmic. Man.