All new de-enabling thread

gregory

sapienza said:
:bugeyed: I'm afraid I have to disagree. This is the de-enabling thread. Nobody ought to have anything.
This is true. So send them all to me. I have such a lot I won't KNOW about them arriving, so it won't matter })

Legacy. Look - even if you want it - it looks so great on the website you don't have to BUY it ! But - in my experience the ones that look great on line rarely are..... And what Debra said.

And it will be a lot cheaper once everyone sees what debra has seen. Even if you can't stop yourself, stop yourself long enough to save money - and by then you will be wanting that one I just got e-mail about this morning that most people here have already said they will buy in the creator's thread here so what is the point of mentioning it .....

Le Fanu

sravana said:
2) I don't have any other decks that scream **60s**

Does it scream 60s? Are you sure? I thought it screamed recent bad art...

sravana said:
4) I'm sick of decks that are scribbled with pencil

OK, makes sense.. but why desire a deck which is scribbled with old, clogged up brushes

sravana said:
7) I prefer the rich colors of oil paints

ME too, but they're not to be found in the Golden. It has what I would call the "sludge potential" of oil paint.

sravana said:
9) Everyone needs a good RWS in their collection

I thought you no longer considered yourself a collector? Ive read various posts of yours with "when I used to be a collector" type thing.... Now it's just the ones you read with, right?

Just remember that Devil card with the badly daubed eyeliner. And I bet the font on the cards will really rile you. It does me. Just not right. And you won't read with it...

coyoteblack

Thank you all!

I can wait on the LoD until it comes to mass market. The Pamela deck I am still wanting except might wait and see if I can just buy the book.

faunabay

Debra said:
Legacy of the Divine artwork: think of what's airbrushed on the side of a Chevy van occupied by a couple of grody looking guys with a six-pack of beer, a well-thumbed I Ching, and a couple of sleeping bags in the back. They stopped shaving because they're groovy, man, and hoping to find some groovy chicks to take for a ride. Because, you know, it's like cosmic. Man.
(giggling madly) OK, there you go Debra! That's the way to deenable!!! ROFL Thank you!!! :laugh:

gregory

bodhran said:
Can anyone de-enable me from Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot?
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/dame-fortunes-wheel/
Please?
Yes !

The colouring is over-saturated, so that a lot of the imagery is obscured.

Huson's book on Mystical Origins of the Tarot is a great read - well-written and witty (thanks for the quote, debra; I borrowed it from another thread !) Read the book instead of getting the deck.

It's a bit of a TdM RWS mix - not so hot. It provides a reconstruction of the missing link between Marseille and Etteilla, says Ric.

I had hoped for a TdM with illustrated pips. I didn't get that. :(

And the meanings seem obscure - don't fit with what I have read either with TdM or RWS. (as a glorpish reader that isn't a huge issue for me but might be for others.........

By the way - I know Huson is a member here. Paul - please read the rules of this thread.... Creators should perhaps never read it at all !

MysticalMoose

The Coldplay Tarot ...." It was all Yellow".... :p

At first I considered getting Dame Fortunes Wheel...I love the 2 of Cups :D but there is just sooo much YELLOW! akkkkkkk....:bugeyed: gave me a a headache just looking at the scans.. also some of those odd hairdo's really creeped me out...don't buy it....eat smarties.

gregory

Yes - the overpowering YELLOW is the worst; it gives you migraine.....

gregory

I need deenabling from the Motherwell. Only because I haven't any money, but I still need help....

ETA oops; I see it isn't mentioned here..... generic de-enabling for the broke, then, please....

jackdaw*

Ummm ... just found the pics for that Motherwell deck. If they don't de-enable on their own, I don't know what we could tell you that won't.

Very simple and very flat. Very dull.

Looking at the images, I'm not sure if the artist cribbed from the Aquarian Tarot or cribbed from his pre-schooler's drawings hung on the fridge door. I see strong influences of both. And you have your own copy of the Aquarian, and your own fridge drawings from the grandsprogs. You don't need to pay for this.