All new de-enabling thread

gregory

I have missed you !!!!! OK. I will try not to click.... Maybe grandsprogs could do a whole deck :D

BodhiSeed

Thanks Gregory and MysticalMoose - I don't need any more migraines. And I don't think I'd like a deck with mixed RWS and Marseilles meanings.

MysticalMoose

Gregory!!!!!! ~ :bugeyed: ~ Go & lie down in a darkened room for a while....you don't want this...it's more migraine inducing than that darn Yellow thing mentioned above! ewwww! & I will be having nightmares for weeks about that freaky clown-jack-in-the-box-creature... *shudders*....

EDITED TO ADD: I am also concerned about what these are????.... Images from the Ann Summers Tarot perhaps????

Attachments

• CU00061.jpg
    CU00061.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 105

jackdaw*

Yow, how'd I miss that one, MM?? Gregory, you have a deck with things like that too ... *cough*Priapo*cough*

gregory

Oh dear. So I do..... And who BOUGHT it for me ????? })

I read with the Priapo recently. It works, to my amazement (I can say that cos no-one will manage to FIND one !)

But indeed - that is one nasty card. OK.....

SolSionnach

Okay, I'm still interested in the Golden Rider, eyeshadow, faces and all - but you don't need to get into me for it right now because I'm going out of town in 2 hours, no internet access (that I know of), and won't be back until Tues/Weds or so.

Have a great weekend! :* :* :*

Pomme

Here's the challenge :D : please de-enable me with this 2 very popular decks, loved by almost everyone: Mythic Tarot (original version not the new one), and the Druidcraft Tarot.

I'm so tempted to add them both to my collection... I try to resist but I am a Tarot-holic ... help me !

Thanks !

nisaba

Pomme said:
Here's the challenge :D : please de-enable me with this 2 very popular decks, loved by almost everyone: Mythic Tarot (original version not the new one), and the Druidcraft Tarot.

I'm so tempted to add them both to my collection... I try to resist but I am a Tarot-holic ... help me !

Thanks !
I'll have a go on the Mythic.

It's too big to shuffle.

And what element do you think is represented by Pentacles? Earth. That's right. Earth. And what are Aces? They are the most essential and pure form of the element possible, right?

Wrong. The Mythic Ace Pentacles has Neptune-as-Merman, Trident and all, leaping out of a large body of water! And around the edges of the water-dominated card are growing ... grapes. Earthy? Sorta, until you reflect that grapes get made into wine, which is also symbolically Water!

It's also too big to shuffle.

Then there's the Hierophant, who is the most Hermit-like Hierophant I've ever seen, in seclusion with no devotees, even half-animal. And what's more he doesn't know his place - not content with a whole Major Arcana card, he bursts forth into the Minors, making a cameo appearance on the Two Wands.

Oh, and it's too big to shuffle, if you have stumpy little hands like mine. And by now, the early edition (mine) is getting a bit old. If you really have to buy a new deck, for goodness' sakes get one where the Hierophant knows his place and doesn't try to overrun the deck, where water is wet and fluid and earth is dry and solid, and one which isn't too big to handle.

gregory

- and the artwork - while "appealing" in its way is a bit on the amateurish side.

As for the Druidcraft - just don't OK ? It is fuzzy; there is a HUGE MISTAKE on the Hermit card, and it comes over all sort of warm and soggy.

Did I mention chocolate recently ?

nisaba

I will lay in a supply of chocolate cats ... perhaps I won't have to buy as many decks if I have chokkie cats whose heads I can bite off.