All new de-enabling thread

Sulis

gregory said:
- and the artwork - while "appealing" in its way is a bit on the amateurish side.

As for the Druidcraft - just don't OK ? It is fuzzy; there is a HUGE MISTAKE on the Hermit card, and it comes over all sort of warm and soggy.

Did I mention chocolate recently ?

I haven't looked at my DruidCraft in ages. What's the huge mistake on the Hermit card?

DruidCraft - too big, way too big so you're going to have to trim it. Mine was printed a bit off-centre so even if I'd got on OK with the massive cards, I would have had to trim it because I can't cope with the cards looking all squiffy.
The big feet seem to bother some people too and some of the Majors have been re-named with Druidic names - Temperance is The Fferyllt for example.

gregory

Read the description and look at the crescent moon. It is the wrong way round for the time of day unless they were in Australia, perhaps - and they WEREN'T, so....

Ever since Bat-Chicken pointed this out to me and MiShell a couple of years ago it has bugged the hell out of me - and now it will bug the hell out of anyone buying it - so DON'T !

And yes - those unpronounceable names - can you imagine your sitter saying "what's that name for the card," and you have to say "the F-f-f-f-f-f...." - you can imagine what they will be thinking..... :bugeyed:

Dusk Till Dawn

gregory said:
Read the description and look at the crescent moon. It is the wrong way round for the time of day unless they were in Australia, perhaps - and they WEREN'T, so....

Ever since Bat-Chicken pointed this out to me and MiShell a couple of years ago it has bugged the hell out of me - and now it will bug the hell out of anyone buying it - so DON'T !

And yes - those unpronounceable names - can you imagine your sitter saying "what's that name for the card, and you have to say "the F-f-f-f-f-f...." - you can imagine what they will be thinking..... :bugeyed:
That's way funny! ROFLMAO!

coyoteblack

I might be able to help with the DC. It is my favorite deck but ..

The feet on the woman jut scream wtf, the cards are t big and when you finally get them to shuffle to can mess the stock up fast. and by the time you learn how to pronounce the cernunnos and fferyllt you could have designed your own deck.

also if you like some traditional meanings the cernunnos card takes he devil card over and is not bad also the 7 of swords is an accountant.

baba-prague

Okay, that's it. I've never asked for help here before but there has to be a first time. I want the PCS Commemorative but we are moving flats and need other things more.

Do your thing please...

(and yes, I know it's already been dealt with here, but comments on nasty backs are not enough - and I don't care about shoddy bags because goodness knows, I have bags enough).

gregory

OK - apparently the cards are MUDDY which is a real downer for me. And the inks are all dotty - like being pixellated a la 1909. And rumour has it that the book is crap - I can safely say that as I haven't seen it. And that the additional materials with it are nothing special at all at all... and that it is just another way for USG to try and milk the copyright which they may or may not really have for as much as they can before they are FORCED to admit it isn't their property really.

Surely you of all people don't want to help with a mere MARKETING exercise ? You who are so good at not succumbing to the market forces in other ways (GIMME THAT MINI BBC and give back the yellow dress.... or the commemorative set gets it ! }))

coyoteblack

baba-prague said:
Okay, that's it. I've never asked for help here before but there has to be a first time. I want the PCS Commemorative but we are moving flats and need other things more.

Do your thing please...

(and yes, I know it's already been dealt with here, but comments on nasty backs are not enough - and I don't care about shoddy bags because goodness knows, I have bags enough).

they went through a process to make the art work look more shoddy then normal. think of an old archi jughead comic. the material of the book can be found online with a little digging.

gregory

coyoteblack said:
they went through a process to make the art work look more shoddy then normal. think of an old archi jughead comic. the material of the book can be found online with a little digging.
That's a more polite way to say what I tried to say !!! but yes !

cardlady22

coyoteblack said:
they went through a process to make the art work look more shoddy then normal. think of an old Archie Jughead comic.

:bugeyed: Oh, crap! I used to read those, but associating them with what should be a classic tarot is more than I can bear! I will never be able to get the PCS Commemorative now.

jackdaw*

Let's face it. Kaplan & Co. are preying on all those people who insist on calling the Rider-Waite the Waite-SMITH Tarot and are going to flock to this set because "oh, poor dear Pixie is finally getting her due". But a rose by any other name. It's just a less-well-done redoing of the Rider-Waite. If you have an earlier version of the deck - say, a blue box Rider & Co. or even a Printed in Belgium RW - don't waste your money. Buy curtains for the new flat.