All new de-enabling thread

JennyFunk

dun dun dun

Okay, so I really want to buy a Songs for the Journey Home set...I've recently treated myself and bought a few decks, but I'm pining for this set. I've been on a roll lately and I don't wanna get out of control! hee hee. Help me, help me!

Sinduction

How about the Paulina?

Alta

Sinduction said:
How about the Paulina?
I find it disappointing. I really wanted to like it but I find the cards rather un-tarotic and they seem so similar to each other in line and colour.

sapienza

JennyFunk said:
Okay, so I really want to buy a Songs for the Journey Home set...I've recently treated myself and bought a few decks, but I'm pining for this set. I've been on a roll lately and I don't wanna get out of control! hee hee. Help me, help me!

Songs for the Journey Home looks like it was drawn by a 5 year old. My cards have really pale and washed out colours. At first I found it interesting but after looking through it a few times I put it away and have never ever done a reading with it. Many of the drawings are hard to work out which is top and which is bottom, which is even more challenging seeing the deck is round. Suits and courts are re-named, if that's an issue for you. I don't know of anyone who actually uses this deck. I'm sure you don't need it. And if you have just bought yourself a few new decks then you owe it to them to spend some time with then.

sapienza

LavenderMist said:
It's looks too much like greeting cards.

I don't have the Paulina but I agree with LavenderMist....every card looks like a new age greeting card. I think this deck has been de-enabled before, possibly in the last thread, if you wanted to search. Probably easier to just not get it :)

gregory

sapienza said:
Songs for the Journey Home looks like it was drawn by a 5 year old. My cards have really pale and washed out colours. At first I found it interesting but after looking through it a few times I put it away and have never ever done a reading with it. Many of the drawings are hard to work out which is top and which is bottom, which is even more challenging seeing the deck is round. Suits and courts are re-named, if that's an issue for you. I don't know of anyone who actually uses this deck. I'm sure you don't need it. And if you have just bought yourself a few new decks then you owe it to them to spend some time with then.
Amen to all that. It is even worse as art than Rachel Pollack's decks - and at least she knows what she is DOING !

As for the Paulina - I agree with Alta. I really wanted to like it, but I think the hype had finally prevented that before it actually arrived.... And there was loads in the last thread - have you the energy to look ? If not - you can't want it that much, if you can't be bothered to put the legwork in !

Le Fanu

gregory said:

Enough said. That's the keyword.... you can just feel US Games trying to convince us it's really where it's at.

I know when Im being manipulated, and words like "sassy" and "whimsical" and a picture of the creator in thigh boots and looking 12 years old trying to sell her wares immediately ring alarm bells...

Even Tarot Garden describes it as "somewhat uneven in the skill of its execution"...

gregory

Le Fanu said:
Even Tarot Garden describes it as "somewhat uneven in the skill of its execution"...
:p BRILLIANT !

thorhammer

Le Fanu said:
and a picture of the creater in thigh boots and looking 12 years old trying to sell her wares immediately ring alarm bells...
You know, I loved the Paulina when it was being hyped . . . and then I saw that picture, too, and immediately it sort of went off-colour. Like milk that's one day past consumption date. Just that hint of sourness or wrongness; nothing major, just, "Errrm, there's something not quite right here" :D

\m/ Kat