All new de-enabling thread

Welf

nisaba said:
<pricks ears>

A collection of frogs? A related disaster? Tell us more ...

Who knows, perhaps it will de-enable me on the Kermit Deck.
Nah... wouldn't work... When you collect frogs, because they are so readily available and common.... everyone gives you something frog related for every present you get, including Birthdays, Easter and Christmas... After a while her house and garden was over flooded by frogs in every shape and form, and most of the clothes she was given, like Tshirts had something froggy on it... It finally got to her, so she pulled the pin one weekend and gave everything froggy related to charity, bar 5 of her favourite frogs.

Then she rang us all and said no more... ever..... She said presents were no longer fun coz she always knew ahead it was going to be a frog... that she was sick of seeing so many frogs everywhere and had no room to put anything else...

No way can that work with one tiny little weeny pathetic Kermit deck... You're going to have to wait til someone else comes along and tells you how terrible and tacky and useless and crap that deck is...

Welf

lizziecat

thorhammer said:
Yep, both USG, as greggers says. I've had the DM and it was a raving disappointment. I followed the creation thread and was dazzled, too, by Patrick's work. The fineness of his digital artwork was shredded by cheap, disrespectful production at USG, and the resulting product is grainy with many printing errors such as vivid blue lines through the whole image. The lamination is crazy-slick, and honestly, it's just not that readable a Tarot. It's too weird. Weird-saturation.

Kat

Eeek! There should be a law against messing with such amazing artwork - something of that calibre requires an "Adam McLean" touch to do it justice.

I read the commemorative thread and although I really, really want the deck I just can't bring myself to purchase a USG product. I might fold just to have one, but I'll probably never use it because everytime I turned over a USG card all I ever saw was that stupid copyright notice (which is why I got rid of all their decks whether I liked them or not.)

nisaba

Welf said:
No way can that work with one tiny little weeny pathetic Kermit deck... You're going to have to wait til someone else comes along and tells you how terrible and tacky and useless and crap that deck is...
So, out of interest, having read this reply, I trundled along to see if there was a Kermit deck.

There wasn't.

So I checked for a Muppets deck.

Still none.

And as a last resort, a Sesame St deck.

You guessed it! Aargh!

How am I meant to be de-enabled if NOBODY HAS DESIGNED THE BLOODY THING YET?

magpie9

He's just torturing you because he knows he can. Ignore him.

........or else send him a tin of freeze-dried flies. Kermit indeed.

conversus

nisaba said:
How am I meant to be de-enabled if NOBODY HAS DESIGNED THE BLOODY THING YET?

Time! The great de-enabler of us all!

CED

nisaba

nisaba said:
So, out of interest, having read this reply, I trundled along to see if there was a Kermit deck.

There wasn't.

So I checked for a Muppets deck.

Still none.

And as a last resort, a Sesame St deck.

You guessed it! Aargh!
<Cheering up considerably> I;'m just off to check for a Jim Henson Deck. Who knows - I may need expert de-enabling help after all! <scurries away, much happier>

nisaba

nisaba said:
<Cheering up considerably> I;'m just off to check for a Jim Henson Deck. Who knows - I may need expert de-enabling help after all! <scurries away, much happier>
< few minutes later> B*gger.

gregory

Welf said:
Listen here... and listen good.. ' If ' being the operative word..... and please take note of that word in the way it is used in this post together with 'could' and 'would'... okay?

if if if

If I were a collector, I would more than likely collect almost unreadable tacky bizarre decks...
*coughs* :|

That is a rather fine New Toy deck.... I like Kermit..... Thank goodness one cannot BUY it !

Chronata

*sheepishly entering thread*

I actually started making a Henson tarot for myself...

(Sir Didymus as the King of Wands, below)

Attachments

• sir didymus.jpg
    sir didymus.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 89