All new de-enabling thread

jujustar

Promise said:
The Maddonni is absolute rubbish.

Sure, the Majors and courts look interest with all their texture and mysteriousness, but then the Minors come along and destroy any shred of freaking hope you ever had for reading with the damn thing.

Do you REALLY want a deck where the 10 of Cups is a picture of ONE CUP with the number TEN in the corners? Do you?

I rest my case.

oh no!!!!!! thats exactly what someone else told, me and i was actually thinking to myself just now " no! i CAN read with minors that tell me absolutely nothing whatsoever, i know what they all mean anyway"....well yes we all know that is crap, and a boring waste of time.(may as well read with a deck of dry toast)
i really didnt want to believe the truth, that this is actually a 22 card deck .......and i only want it cos of the pretty pretty majors (cant afford to pay for all the extra cardboard really)
so. thankyou, and although im sad, i wont buy it, cos i KNOW you are right,

dammit, i salute you

thorhammer

Promise - *high five* :D

SolSionnach

New Century Tarot?

Promise

Oh, dear...

What in the WORLD would you need the New Century for?

It's not a TdM.

The over-saturation of primary colors would make you seasick.

Those big, blue borders just SCREAM "Trim me! Trim me!"

It's USG, so it's probably built to withstand the End of Days, along with all the cockroaches and Twinkies. It would be waterproof, bulletproof, and impossible to work with.

Go shuffle the Greenwood and eat chocolate.

thorhammer

sravana said:
New Century Tarot?
You're reaching. You're looking for a new deck to buy, one that's inoffensive and inexpensive enough to get under the radar.

This is it. But you're not allowed to buy it!!!!!

If you must have it (and since I'm in this thread I have to say, don't bother :D) then a certain hammer-wielding Kat might have one to go to a good home . . . })

\m/ Kat

SolSionnach

Promise said:
Oh, dear...

What in the WORLD would you need the New Century for?

It's not a TdM.
well... not all my decks are TdMs! A girl needs some variety!
Promise said:
It's USG, so it's probably built to withstand the End of Days, along with all the cockroaches and Twinkies. It would be waterproof, bulletproof, and impossible to work with.

Go shuffle the Greenwood and eat chocolate.
:boohoo! Does it have that USG lamination? Does it? Does it??
thorhammer said:
You're reaching. You're looking for a new deck to buy, one that's inoffensive and inexpensive enough to get under the radar.
(somebody's got my number...
thorhammer said:
This is it. But you're not allowed to buy it!!!!!

If you must have it (and since I'm in this thread I have to say, don't bother :D) then a certain hammer-wielding Kat might have one to go to a good home . . . })
Oh good god woman. Can you beat $9 with under $4 shipping? I think not!

Yes, I am reaching... and it's such a bargain!

I'm looking at a lineup of Valet de Deniers cards from most all my TdMs. I have the Noblet, Vieville, Dodal, Svizzera 1804, Hadar, Mini Jodo, and the Payen. I paid full price for all but two of them - and one of those was way *over* price (the Dodal).

Can't a girl enjoy a bargain??????

sapienza

I got the New Century for $5 AUS and let me tell you it was still WAY too much to pay for the deck. It's not plastic lamination, but it's the thickest, stiffest card stock I think I've ever seen. I prety much gave mine away at my local tarot meet-up and it took some effort to convince anyone to take it. The cards are repetitive, some of the images are quite distrubing, the images are also too small to really see properly and my pet hate, a couple of the cards were photographed out of focus....which is just TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE in any deck. I mean, surely someone at US games must have noticed and thought to redo the card, but no, who could be bothered when they know that everyone who gets this deck is just going to trade it away or give it away or leave it sit in their bottom drawer never to be used. I resented having this deck in my collection and the effort it took me to get rid of the damn thing made the $5 price tag seem like I'd been ripped off, not that I'd got a bargain. This is even worse than the Golden Rider :bugeyed:

Feretian

*pant, pant, pant*

I just came off the trade train with a great trade deal, but two people offered the Bohemian Cats and I never wanted one but now it's stuck in my chest like a cat kneading its claws in a lap.

Help!

emmsma

I thought they were too big. I could not shuffle. Hated the cardstock. If I had linebackers hands and was able to attempt shuffling, I'm sure they would have destroyed the cards.

Cats would not be happy in those dresses!

Traded it off within a week of its arrival. I didn't even want it in my home. I felt ripped off. So much hype!

Brigid

Well! There's all those inconsistencies between the editions which is just SO confusing! lol
Cat decks! Who needs em! They are a dime a dozen these days.
Then there's the um, um.. Nope! Sorry that's all I've got.. :D