All new de-enabling thread

gregory

:bugeyed:

And I had mice in my tarot room once - before that deck showed up. WOW !

nisaba

Argh! I hope they were there to eat the silverfish, not to nest in the gnawed-up decks. My printer stopped working not long after I heard the unwholesome sound of mice nesting in the paper ...

gregory

We stopped a printer dead with bird seed once, at work. We cured it by turning it upside down and shaking it. There was one HELL of a mess; this was odd, as we didn't usually shake the seed over it....

No - I was VERY lucky with the Great Mouse Invasion of 2005 (I think it was) - there was just a bit of crap in a couple of drawers - now well mouseproofed - they hadn't gnawed anything, though they had chewed up a plastic kite under the sofa and the edges of my ski boots. None of that sort of stuff is in there now - so if the cards scare them, I should be safe :D

nisaba

Mouse-time is time to unleash the Bohemian Cats deck in your Tarot room, I suspect. Although, in the interests of de-enablement, it *is* an appalling deck. I was hoping for cats tastefully disposed doing cat-like things in images while regular Tarot-stuff happened in the background (a la "Max Raffler's Cats"), but stiff pusses that look like a taxidermist's rejects dressed up in what can only be an insane seamstress's offcuts, didn't please me at all. De-enabled just on scans, and will never be tempted to buy again. Cat-lover I am, necrophiliac I ain't.

Bernice

Nisaba: but stiff pusses that look like a taxidermist's rejects dressed up in what can only be an insane seamstress's offcuts, didn't please me at all.
This has got to be the best - and most valid - description of that deck (for de-enablement....). Poor small furry things, lifeless in their prime.

Bee :)

Feretian

Bernice said:
This has got to be the best - and most valid - description of that deck (for de-enablement....). Poor small furry things, lifeless in their prime.

Bee :)

That's it!

Bernice, I love you, I think!

It wasn't just the trade train; I went to look at the AT card site, and there was Judgement...all these tender angels (and I can't stand the angel bit normally!) gently lifting little cats to Heaven, their little legs dangling, sweet little faces gazing trustingly upwards...

I must've been way overtired.

Dead cats, fer sure.

Gregory, as always, you are the voice of reason (unbelievable considering your completely insane collecting obsession). Thank you.

Aerin, I am the Guardian of Tarot Myce. Thank you for reminding me.

Thanks, everyone!

ETA: Oh, and Bridgid*69? Right. Thanks. Sheesh.

nisaba

Feretian said:
Aerin, I am the Guardian of Tarot Myce. Thank you for reminding me.
But ...
but ...
but ...
You are a carnivore!

kabang

Anyone want to talk me out of Anna K? Everyone loves it -- and so do I -- but it's so expensive! Also the words 'limited run' tend to drive me into a buying frenzy!

gregory

kabang said:
Anyone want to talk me out of Anna K? Everyone loves it -- and so do I -- but it's so expensive! Also the words 'limited run' tend to drive me into a buying frenzy!
The cards are very dark to look at. Some are strange looking - the Empress has upsets a lot of people (no link, I'm afraid) and many feel the 9 and 10 cups have been reversed - Anna says not, so that makes it even more complicated. And the box is infuriating. :mad:

Dusk Till Dawn

I agree with Gregory, not only the Box is flimsy, when I shuffle the cards, I feel like the black paint would come off any time ( the backs look like the paint is coming off). The cards are very thin.