All new de-enabling thread

nisaba

Hedera said:
This might be slightly off-topic, but it might work as a general de-enabling; not for a specific deck, but for the 'need to shop' urge.

I like going to the Bookcrossing site, and see if there are any books 'released' in my area - I don't usually even go look for them, but I do often end up registering and releasing some books of my own.

It's almost like anti-shopping, but somehow it satisfies the same urge!

Plus, doing wild releases is a LOT of fun, and very exciting. :D
Yay! Another one of us! On bookcrossing (where I haven't been able to spend any time for 2 months or so) I'm Nisaba000.

nisaba

sravana said:
- and both of them would be dupes!

However, I still need deenabling from both of them. I feel my resolve weakening... weakening... weakening...
They're dupes. you would buy them when there are other, worthy decks you don't already own? Madness, woman, madness.

Brigid

sravana said:
re: Maat.
I could say a lot of good things about the deck, but I'll restrain myself. :)

You could say it to me on the side... })

SolSionnach

nisaba said:
They're dupes. you would buy them when there are other, worthy decks you don't already own? Madness, woman, madness.
What other decks? Where??? I *have* most of the important historical decks (well, except when I compare my inventory to your extensive Visconti-Sforza collection...:bugeyed:), and we've determined on this here thread that all the other decks are cr@p!

Now, I would love one of those colored Mitellis (Dal Negro? Not sure, but they're gorgeous), but I absolutely definitely completely do NOT have the money for one of those.

My thought (such as it was) was that I would buy them for investment purposes. But the last deck that I invested in was the Del Solleone Vacchetta.... just before Meneghello AND LS came out with their versions. So much for my investment cred...

I already have a dupe of the LS Vacchetta (but one's trimmed). I'm weakening, I tells ya!
Brigid*69 said:
You could say it to me on the side... })
nope nope nope. I actually think that the cons outweigh the pros on that deck, and if I knew then what I do now, I'd be about $115 richer.

Just. Say. No.! :)

SolSionnach

nisaba said:
NISABA!

I just had a look at your profile, and you have the GOLDEN RIDER???!!??

:rolleyes:

jujustar

well how else would she be able to de-enable so expertly?

she probably only bought it to save some other poor soul from it. that would be my guess......

nisaba

sravana said:
NISABA!

I just had a look at your profile, and you have the GOLDEN RIDER???!!??

:rolleyes:
<covers head with arms>

<defensively> I have taught before, and I will teach again! I teach well with RW decks! I don't like 'em, I teach with 'em, which is a whole different ball-game.

(Come the last lesson for any group, I bring in the whole basket, unwrap everything, and show them some *real* decks! Pleasure plus.)

nisaba

jujustar said:
well how else would she be able to de-enable so expertly?

she probably only bought it to save some other poor soul from it. that would be my guess......
Oh. Yes. Right.

Add that to my previous answer.

SolSionnach

Very good point, jujustar. That would be *me*.

Teaching? harumpfff. Why are you doing that? Then there are more tarot readers/collectors to compete with us for the great decks!

(oops. Everyone knows, there ARE NO Great Decks!)

Debra

Please don't throw stones at de-enablers who just happen to have a deck you want and who just happen to list their decks in their profiles.

What would be our motive to come back here and help you?