the all-singing, all-dancing ENABLING THREAD!

jujustar

emmsma said:
So, I am yearning for an inexpensive deck. Something to look at, something different...

What do you all think about Navigators Tarot of the Mystic Sea?

I've been thinking about it off and on for ages. I'm on again...
Push me over the edge.

oohhh yes yes, i love this too, im sure you have already bought it by now, but just wanted to add how much i adore this deck!!!!
i have a backup too!!!!!

enchanted spirit

Brigid*69 said:
Eragon!! *sigh* :)
I LOVED reading this book with my 10 year old.. Oh all right!
Maybe he did loose interest midway... I HAD to see what happened... ;)

Isn't that enough of a reason?? Fond memories of brave dragons, beautiful elves and and..... I just need to duck out... borders, I mean the supermarket! is calling...

Yep, everyone I know is sick of hearing about how much I enjoyed that book! Can you believe a 15 year old wrote it? And the Celtic Dragon is just so . . . dragony . . . ;)

But really, I have several decks that acquired for a passing fancy - so I still need someone to tell me why the Celtic Dragon will be more than that, before I commit myself.

gregory

Lilija said:
...and I am a sucker for color....

....and I am a compulsive trimmer....

Zowie, you guys are *good*.
You need more than one. Trimmed and not trimmed. I think you owe it to the deck to keep a pristine copy....

emmsma - I don't believe you. I don't have them all - and I have almost 1500..... GET BUYING ! (Just ordered two my own self !)

gregory

enchanted spirit said:
After reading Eragon I suddenly deeply desire the Celtic Dragon kit! Well, tell me why I should get it! :)
Well for goodness sake - because it has dragons on it. What more do you need. And when you have that, there are also the LS dragons and the Nigel Suckling one.....

magpie9

enchanted spirit said:
Yep, everyone I know is sick of hearing about how much I enjoyed that book! Can you believe a 15 year old wrote it? And the Celtic Dragon is just so . . . dragony . . . ;)

But really, I have several decks that acquired for a passing fancy - so I still need someone to tell me why the Celtic Dragon will be more than that, before I commit myself.
Lotsa dragons, lotsa mildly tubby middle-aged humans, Wands as Air, Swords as fire, and impossible to ignore. Very nicely drawn, but if I was getting a dragon Deck I'd Run, not Walk to the Nigel Suckling. Now that's a Dragon Deck! Here's a link~

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/dragon-suckling/index.shtml

enchanted spirit

magpie9 said:
Lotsa dragons, lotsa mildly tubby middle-aged humans, Wands as Air, Swords as fire, and impossible to ignore. Very nicely drawn, but if I was getting a dragon Deck I'd Run, not Walk to the Nigel Suckling. Now that's a Dragon Deck! Here's a link~

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/dragon-suckling/index.shtml

Well, I guess this IS the enabling thread, now I want them both!!!! LOL

cardlady22

The Queen of Dragons has a message for all of you:
One cannot choose a single jewel for your hoard. And why should an immortal spirit constrain itself in such an unnatural way?

Jewel

sapienza said:
So....can we do this? Just jump into the thread and start convincing everyone there is a deck they simply MUST get?
I don't see why not, sounds like an innovative way to enable people to me *LOL*. I have the Alchemical Renewed and really like it. I was lucky to get the original Alchemical book in trade from a fellow ATer. Had the original a long time ago, but must admit that I prefer the Alchemical Renewed to the original, but the book that came with the original is a must!

Navigators of the Mystic Sea .... very interesting deck, specially if you are into (or want to be into) the Qabalah. She has switched some correspondences. The colors are bright and the deck is small so it if you have small hands there is no problem there. I recommend getting the book, and I think she is (or might already have) publishing another book. I find this deck to be very unique and that is one of the things that has always drawn me to keeping it.

Celtic Dragon - well honestly you should get all the Dragon decks you can, I know I will be reaquiring the one I let go. The Celtic Dragon has a real "Ann McCaffrey" feel to it to me. Excellent for story telling, which is very helpful in a reading. Ignore the book though, the book ruined it for me for years. Recently I came to my senses and quit letting the memory of the book ruin the deck for me, and have had some great readings with it and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately you can only get it as a kit, and all you really need is the deck, but on the bright side you can often times find this at a very good price on Amazon and on E-bay!

nisaba

magpie9 said:
Lotsa dragons, lotsa mildly tubby middle-aged humans, Wands as Air, Swords as fire, and impossible to ignore. Very nicely drawn, but if I was getting a dragon Deck I'd Run, not Walk...
<gasp> did I hear ...

Some DE-ENABLING going on???