the all-singing, all-dancing ENABLING THREAD!

faunabay

Jewel said:
I had it at one point. Sorry I cannot enable you ...
Yep, well that's why I haven't even gotten one in all the years we've been collecting. ROFL When it gets down to the shelling out of the money I always back away from this one. :laugh: But I've still been curious about it for years.

Taamar

nisaba said:
I like this one - tell me why I should. It's the Celtic Tarot by Courtney Davis.

It's generally quite inexpensive, and is thus a great way to add to your total number of decks without spending much money!

Le Fanu

Taamar said:
It's generally quite inexpensive

Ufff... damning with faint praise. Careful; this is enabling, not the other thread...

Taamar

Le Fanu said:
Ufff... damning with faint praise. Careful; this is enabling, not the other thread...

I'm TRYING!

Actually, the artwork is quite nice, though I don't care for the pixelation of it. It's a pip minors deck, but the imagery on the majors makes it usable if you know your pip cards well. I'd recommend it to anyone with a passion for Celtic art. (or anyone who wants to pad their collection size on the cheap)

Brigid

Taamar said:
I'm TRYING!

Actually, the artwork is quite nice, though I don't care for the pixelation of it. It's a pip minors deck, but the imagery on the majors makes it usable if you know your pip cards well. I'd recommend it to anyone with a passion for Celtic art. (or anyone who wants to pad their collection size on the cheap)

And the colours ARE rather pleasing...

nisaba

<sobbing wildly>

<runs from the room>

Brigid

Don't forget Nisaba.. I'm STILL lusting after the Venice tarot that even Gregory doesn't want! So you shouldn't listen to me.. :bugeyed: :(

Anyone care to enable moi?.. })

nisaba

<sniffle>

They ...

They ...

They ... de-enabled me! Right here in plain sight! Damning with praise that was so faint I could hear every twinkle of starlight forcing its way through the darkness over it!

<sniffle>

Taamar

Nisaba, it's just that we're trying to keep how wonderful this deck is a secret so we can laugh at all the people who aren't as clever as we are behind their backs (and keep the price artificially low). But we can't hide the truth from you, you beautiful, brilliant thing! Caught us in the act!

Get the deck.

magpie9

nisaba said:
<sniffle>

They ...

They ...

They ... de-enabled me! Right here in plain sight! Damning with praise that was so faint I could hear every twinkle of starlight forcing its way through the darkness over it!

<sniffle>
O now Sweetie, don't cry. It's a wonderful deck, it reads beautifully, it's gorgeous and the pips have subtle little visual cues towards their meanings, which are pointed out in the excellent companion book. It is sooo beautiful that it is the deck I learned to read pips for. Before this deck I had zip interest in reading pips, and I have never regretted this deck, in any way, shape or kind.
Just Get It. You won't be sorry.