All new de-enabling thread

nisaba

Wait - which Celtic are we talking about, MAgpie and Sapienza? The one I like? Pretty borders?

Oh, no - I feel some real deep-down de-enabling going on, not just my usual delaying tactics! I have long desired those borders.

The crowned one

I have a opportunity to pick up the Ukiyoe for around 28.00. I wish to be de-enabled as I can not see many faults in this decks art-work! :)

AJ

I had it, traded it to sixdegrees, happily. The Chinese /Jui Guoliang is a million times nicer/better.

As a side issue the black borders chip so don't expect a pristine used deck. WAY over-priced in my opinion.

jackdaw*

AJ said:
As a side issue the black borders chip so don't expect a pristine used deck. WAY over-priced in my opinion.
Are you talking about the Ukiyoe? That doesn't have black borders ...

As for the Ukiyoe, TCO, it's lovely but overrated. Too little expression. The faces are all like those masks (Noh masks?) in Japanese theatre. You will be relying heavily on canned meanings for the Courts and many of the Majors.

HearthCricket

AJ said:
I had it, traded it to sixdegrees, happily. The Chinese /Jui Guoliang is a million times nicer/better.

The Ukiyoe doesn't have black borders. Are you thinking of the Feng Shui? Completely different deck...

magpie9

nisaba said:
Wait - which Celtic are we talking about, MAgpie and Sapienza? The one I like? Pretty borders?

Oh, no - I feel some real deep-down de-enabling going on, not just my usual delaying tactics! I have long desired those borders.
It's the LS Celtic, where the Empress looks like a pig in a dress doing a jig. Not the pretty Celtic knot Celtic by Davis.

Aerin

nisaba said:
Talking of the Keltoi, I like this one - tell me why I shouldn't. It's the Celtic Tarot by Courtney Davis.

Don't get it unless you can get it very cheaply. It's not rare. People offload all the time on ebay (which should say SOMETHING to you).

As gregory says, good as inspiration for embroidery patterns.

Aerin

Le Fanu

The crowned one said:
I have a opportunity to pick up the Ukiyoe for around 28.00. I wish to be de-enabled as I can not see many faults in this decks art-work! :)

Tough one.... I could say it is overpriced. I paid 10 UK pounds for mine. So $28 sounds expensive to me.

Unillustrated pips? Best I can do...

nisaba

magpie9 said:
It's the LS Celtic, where the Empress looks like a pig in a dress doing a jig. Not the pretty Celtic knot Celtic by Davis.
Pheew!

SolSionnach

Le Fanu said:
Tough one.... I could say it is overpriced. I paid 10 UK pounds for mine. So $28 sounds expensive to me.

Unillustrated pips? Best I can do...
I paid $45-50, so it looks like a *deal* to me. That's what it usually goes for around AT.

I say: buy it! If you don't like it, then: sell it!

:::looking over shoulder, running from Gregory and her NOODLES:::