the all-singing, all-dancing ENABLING THREAD!

gregory

Jewel said:
*ROFLMAO* BRAVO Gregory!!!! Well done. Having been one of the members here that "encouraged" you to read with the Charmed, I am in awe of your response and honest effort in enabling the Charmed ~chuckle, snort, chuckle~.

You know it would be interesting for you to do a reading using both the Charmed AND the Power Animal ... who knows together they could be something really special, which could then motivate you to come enable us all on how we need to get BOTH decks and use them together :D

What say you????
WELL - I did just do a 42 card reading with the PA, and I am thousands of miles from either of them just now, but - we'll see..... ;)

nisaba

gregory said:
WELL - I did just do a 42 card reading with the PA, and I am thousands of miles from either of them just now, but - we'll see..... ;)
<grin> Distance makes the idea safe to contemplate, eh?

magpie9

Le Fanu said:
Ok... Im on the fence with this one. Whenever I go to this site, and look at the section of Thoth cards, there is one which I don't have, The Tarot of the Sephiroth.

Links don't seem to be working right now, but the cards can be seen here;
http://www.albideuter.de/html/sephiroth.html

Should I, shouldn't I? It looks quite nice and brightly coloured and Im sure I can pick it up cheaply somewhere...

it's just that Im really into Thoth right now. I spent the early part of the year absorbed in Thoth, now Im enjoying the Liber T, and this afternoon I had a rearrangment of my decks (boxed up unused one, swapped bags over etc) and fawned over a few other lovable Thoth-based decks like the Hermetic, Light & Shadow, Initiatory Tarot of the Golden Dawn etc etc. Ones I love but aren't using to read with...

Will the Sephiroth bring me anything new? Should it be a new addition to my Thoth collection?
I have one of these, and I'm not even into Thoth. It's a nice deck, the illustrations are colorful, charming and witty (first ever charming Thoth-based deck award coming in the mail to it any day now) interesting and well drawn with the various correspondences on each card. PLUS there are built-in interlocking colored Circles on the cards so you can lay them out on your bed and have the whole tree of life giant sized all at once with the appropriate card in each spot.
I'd like to see the Thoth do THAT.
I don't see how you've done without it this long. and there's a Companion book available, too. Here's a link:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tarot-of-the-sephiroth/index.shtml

nisaba

magpie9 said:
I don't see how you've done without it this long.
<grin> That's great enabling. I can tell I'm gonna have to keep away from this thread, it's bad for me even though I started it! <laughter>

jujustar

ooh ooh i love this one!!!

i love this deck.... i think you should definitely get it!

it has a real sense of humour, and the majors are absolutely stunning.

minors are artistically simple, but very clever....

i just trimmed mine, actually, after it had a little accident, and now i love it twice as much.

truelighth

gregory said:
I feel a bit daft as I just deenabled you on this one elsewhere the other day - but actually I really like this deck a lot ! It is more Celtic than most and very attractive !

I totally agree with Gregory. The Celtic by Courtney Davis is actually the only celtic deck that I have that I really consider to be celtic. It uses a lot of the really celtic symbols and patterns. And I find the art very attractive. It is one of my favorites. Ok, I don't read with it, but I don't really read with almost any deck I got. But this one is most definately worth getting.

So Nisaba.. go for it!!! :D You won't regret it.

SolSionnach

magpie9 said:
I have one of these, and I'm not even into Thoth. It's a nice deck, the illustrations are colorful, charming and witty (first ever charming Thoth-based deck award coming in the mail to it any day now) interesting and well drawn with the various correspondences on each card. PLUS there are built-in interlocking colored Circles on the cards so you can lay them out on your bed and have the whole tree of life giant sized all at once with the appropriate card in each spot.
I'd like to see the Thoth do THAT.
I don't see how you've done without it this long. and there's a Companion book available, too. Here's a link:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tarot-of-the-sephiroth/index.shtml
Looking at that Star card I'm reminded a bit of Caroline Smith's art (Elemental tarot, Runic Tarot, Oracle of the R. Sun, etc).

I have an aversion to QBLH, though. :p Don't have the deck. Maybe someday?

magpie9

You don't have to be into Q to enjoy this deck. It just comes off as extremely whimsical, and interlocking, instead. If the Hebrew bits bother you, just think of them as an Order-Out Menu, escaped from someones desk drawer. The desk being located in a palm tree, on the other side, just out of sight.
You can get there from here if you try, and don't burden yourself with too much logical thinking.Lotsa different Universes out there, this is just one of them. It's an entertaining place to visit, but you might not want to live there if you don't like Q.

gregory

It is very PRETTY too. I like it. And I SO do not get QBLH.

Brigid

Does *no-one* have *anything* nice to say about the Venice deck??? :(
*sniffle*