All new de-enabling thread

emmsma

Point taken.

It just does not work for me at all. (I love the Fournier, though.)

weaver

Aerin said:
Discuss. Who HAS this?????? What's wrong with it?

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/millenaire-marseilles/
I have this one. While it is beautifully produced, I never, ever use it.

Obviously, this sort of thing is subjective but especially in light of the deck's asking price, I think you could do a whole lot better. Maybe purchase a copy each of the Sheridan Douglas and the Jean Noblet Tarots? With them you get TWO fantastic decks that are doubtless the sort that served to inspire the Le Millenaire Tarot de Marseilles in the first place. If you go that route, you'll even have change left in your pocket! :)

nisaba

Aerin said:
Discuss. Who HAS this?????? What's wrong with it?

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/millenaire-marseilles/
<wearily> Oh Go0ddess, what's wrong with it ... let me count the ways ...

Just another wannabe Marseilles deck from someone born at least two centuries too late, who can't draw, can't cross-hatch and can't get it right.

The whole mystique of Marseilles decks is their age.

Post-modern is just *wrong*. And look at that Fool! Is that a RW Fool, or what? He's not even scruffily bearded and looking over his shoulder at a dog ripping into his thigh. How can you have a RW Fool in a Marseilles deck?

<chokes on her sobs>

I wish I'd never seen this. Now I'm going to have nightmares for a week.

nisaba

(The appalling Marseilles)
Aerin said:
It's intriguing though...

Does anyone HAVE one? gregory?????

SSShhhhh!

DON'T ENCOURAGE HER!

Her complete lack of taste and discrimination is tragic enough as it is, without your bringing fresh horrors to her notice.

Aerin

So...er.... if we aged it?

I think I was mainly tempted because a) Chris Butler and b) I hate most Marseilles decks (as against Italian) and am always hoping for one to actually really like.

But, well, hmmmm....

If only I knew how it read.

nisaba

Aerin said:
So...er.... if we aged it?
What, threw it into a crematorium?

It's not a bad idea ... do you have access to the original artwork and the printer's plates?

olivia1

2_Journey said:
De-enabling accomplished!

Now does someone want to talk me out of the Fantastic Menagerie or the Fairytale Tarot? They're the only MRP decks I haven't tried yet, and they are callllllling to me!

I want the Fairytale Tarot, too! The problem is, I probably wont even be able to read with because I don't really know much about Fairytales. But I cant get that deck out of my mind. I think about it when I'm on the phone, I think about it when I look at my Fenestra...I even think about Fairytale Tarot when I am doing a reading.

Debra

Aerin said:
So...er.... if we aged it?....

If only I knew how it read.

If you age it, it's even uglier.

I imagine that it reads superficially, to match the artwork.

conversus

nisaba said:
... do you have access to the original artwork and the printer's plates?

Tell us, nisaba, how you really feel. No point in holding back at all ; we are all friends here.

CED

Badly in need of services rendered. . .

nisaba

conversus said:
Tell us, nisaba, how you really feel. No point in holding back at all ; we are all friends here.

CED

Badly in need of services rendered. . .
<grin> Can't you see me struggling to remain on topic? Take from that what you will.