All new de-enabling thread

DaisyDragonfly

Debra said:
There are decks that use very saturated bright colors and swirling designs to convey elemental meanings beautifully. The Pearls of Wisdom isn't one of them. It reminds me of a shoebox full of hopelessly tangled cheap costume jewelry necklaces.

Every time I look at screenshots, it does seem too busy. But then I read about all the people here who love it, and how the pictures and busy-ness helps them with reading the cards, and I think perhaps I've missed something, or that the cards are more effective in real life...

Debra

DaisyDragonfly said:
But then I read about all the people here who love it, and how the pictures and busy-ness helps them with reading the cards, and I think perhaps I've missed something, or that the cards are more effective in real life...

Ignore them. They are the Wrong Kind of People.

And forget about the Radiant Rider-Waite, too. Everyone looks totally insipid.

Aerin

Pearls of Wisdom: I have both editions of the blasted thing and hate it. Too busy, runes packed on as well, too much colour. I liked the scans but not the deck.

Universal: It's pretty pretty and very bland. Bleargh. You think you want it, you get it, you think 'how pretty' but the readings it gives are just as pastel as the deck.

Aerin

wytchwood

Just wanted to add another stinker for the Universal- even if you can tolerate the washed-out images, would you be able to deal with the wipe-clean cards? they may as well have made them from plastic, in fact, there's so much plastic it's like a sandwich where the 'bread' is the doorstep thickness plastic and the 'filling' is a thin scraping of card. The cards all cling together making it very difficult to shuffle and they won't spread out when you come to choose cards you're there trying to ferk them out and unstick them from their neighbours.

photokat

nisaba said:
This is not the place to come for encouragement. There is quite another place for that. Go there - maybe someone else can help you.

I will definitely use this thread next time when I am tempted to hit that "BUY NOW!" button.

Worked very well for me when I thought I REALLY needed the Belline Tarot ; )

ilweran

Universal - I thought about getting this a while back because I don't like the RWS and I thought the Universal was prettier.

And it is prettier, but in a pale, sickly way. When I look at it I think it needs feeding up and lots of bed rest. And that it's probably clingy and demanding, with a little bell to call you every time it wants more chicken soup or a cup of tea.

Aerin

ilweran said:
And it is prettier, but in a pale, sickly way. When I look at it I think it needs feeding up and lots of bed rest. And that it's probably clingy and demanding, with a little bell to call you every time it wants more chicken soup or a cup of tea.

Yes! Yes! That's it. The Isabella of the Tarot world. (Wuthering Heights.)

Or possibly Amelia from Vanity Fair - goodness what a drip.

Aerin x

DaisyDragonfly

ilweran said:
Universal - I thought about getting this a while back because I don't like the RWS and I thought the Universal was prettier.

Aerin said:
Yes! Yes! That's it. The Isabella of the Tarot world. (Wuthering Heights.)

Or possibly Amelia from Vanity Fair - goodness what a drip.

Okay, all the de-enabling for this deck was awesome, but these last two convinced me. (And made me laugh, as well!)

I won't be buying the Universal.
I'm very nearly de-enabled on the Pearls of Wisdom. (But I've got a 10% off coupon for Watkins, and I'm ready to use it...)

gregory

DaisyDragonfly said:
Okay, all the de-enabling for this deck was awesome, but these last two convinced me. (And made me laugh, as well!)

I won't be buying the Universal.
I'm very nearly de-enabled on the Pearls of Wisdom. (But I've got a 10% off coupon for Watkins, and I'm ready to use it...)
Er - give me the coupon - they seem to have forgotten mine. :(

Pearls of Wisdom - you HAVE seen the thread where everyone is saying the cards have bumps along the edges and are printed crooked, and all manner of stuff. The ARTIST is even apologising, for pity's sake. She's so upset she is trying for a Third Edition to get it right. AT LEAST hold on till then and get a decent copy.

DaisyDragonfly

gregory said:
Er - give me the coupon - they seem to have forgotten mine. :(

Pearls of Wisdom - you HAVE seen the thread where everyone is saying the cards have bumps along the edges and are printed crooked, and all manner of stuff. The ARTIST is even apologising, for pity's sake. She's so upset she is trying for a Third Edition to get it right. AT LEAST hold on till then and get a decent copy.

Yes, I've seen that thread. And it is worrying me a little bit...

(Though not enough for me to definitely make up my mind against it, evidently! :) )