The Process ~ Chapter 6 ~ The Skeptic

Astraea Aurora

Hi folks!

In this chapter Dan talks about year cycle numbers (amongst other things). He calculates them by using only the last two digits of the year. 98 instead of 1998. 06 instead of 2006.

Where does this come from? I mean, yes, he tells us that he bases it on the 100 year cycle instead of the 2000 year (Christian) cycle. There must be more to this but I don't know if it has a name under which I can start looking for some answers. Does anybody know more about this theory?

Has anyone tried this method? What are your experiences? I have tried it and I find it amazing how much more accurate Dan's method is in comparison to the other method I've used before. My year cards match reality and my life much more. It's scary.

If you've used it for year cycles, have you used it for calculating your soul and personality numbers as well? I'm not sure if it's valid. My renewed card for both numbers, the empress, makes much more sense to me atm but I can also see where my old card, the emperor, made sense and still does. It's confusing I think.

Anyway, looking forward to hear your opinions on this year cycle thing and everything else going on in this chapter. ;)

Astraea Aurora :grin:

Rosanne

If I have taken your words correctly Astraea, this year is one card less or down than my usual way. Whereas I was a 5 I would be a 4 now life card and a cycle card was 11/2 would now be 10/1.
Interesting as I am a Virgo and in the Chinese system I am an Earth Rat, The Royal star Regulus is the winter pillar star (summer star in NH) in my birth month. So truthfully I have felt uncomfortable with the Pope/Hierophant as my life card- much less so with The Emperor. As a cycle card WOF is this year for me, and very appropriate as much has changed and fluctuated. Thank you for suggesting this via the process tapes.
~Rosanne

Baroli

Astraea Aurora said:
Where does this come from? I mean, yes, he tells us that he bases it on the 100 year cycle instead of the 2000 year (Christian) cycle. There must be more to this but I don't know if it has a name under which I can start looking for some answers. Does anybody know more about this theory?

Hi Astraea,

Using Christian calendar based computations will not produce favorable results when working with people using other culturally based calendars (Jewish, Indian, Chinese, etc.)

A century based calculation serves well across cultural barriers.

Ex: the fall of the Berlin wall: November 9, 1989

11 9 1989

And

11 9 89

Another date: July 4, 1776

7 4 1776 and 7 4 76.

ETA: The answer is from the maestro.

Astraea Aurora

Rosanne said:
If I have taken your words correctly Astraea, this year is one card less or down than my usual way. Whereas I was a 5 I would be a 4 now life card and a cycle card was 11/2 would now be 10/1.
Interesting as I am a Virgo and in the Chinese system I am an Earth Rat, The Royal star Regulus is the winter pillar star (summer star in NH) in my birth month. So truthfully I have felt uncomfortable with the Pope/Hierophant as my life card- much less so with The Emperor. As a cycle card WOF is this year for me, and very appropriate as much has changed and fluctuated. Thank you for suggesting this via the process tapes.
~Rosanne

Interestingly, my year cards are two less than with the old method. With the old I'd be in a 10/1 year (wheel), now it's an 8 year (justice). I find justice to be much more accurate than wheel of fortune, just as I think the lovers were more accurate two years ago than the initial justice.

It's fascinating how much two simple numbers have changed my whole perspective.

Astraea Aurora

Baroli said:
Hi Astraea,

Using Christian calendar based computations will not produce favorable results when working with people using other culturally based calendars (Jewish, Indian, Chinese, etc.)

A century based calculation serves well across cultural barriers.
Hi Baroli,

yes, this makes sense. I don't have many experiences reading for others, let alone sitters from different cultural backgrounds (can you tell I'm a villager? :laugh:) but I think I'm my own best example for this to work.

Baroli said:
ETA: The answer is from the maestro.
Thanks for forwarding his answer Baroli and thanks to The Maestro for sharing his conclusions with us.

I assume, my soul and personality card dilemma is solved by the same reasons?

Baroli

Try it and see what happens. Couldn't hurt. The worst that you can conclude is No, it doesn't work, but I have a sneaking suspicion it just might.

This is great stuff and I hate numbers. Always have. Yet, without them we are sort of dead in the water. Numbers have their own movement and poetry. Putting them together makes such beautiful music.

Astraea Aurora

I have tried and tested this in the last days and my conclusion is that I'll use Dan's method for all numerological calculations from now on. I'm still a bit unsure if my personality and soul card is really the empress but I'll just stick with it until it won't suit me anymore. After all it fits me more and feels more right than the emperor I had before. Screw the doubts, so to speak. :D

Catwomyn

I tried this with my birth cards and I got an 8 Justice or Strength depending on the deck. My cards as determined by the Amberstones' system are the Hermit & Moon which are far more me.