View Single Post
Citizen

hunter 

I've noticed some surprising things about this deck.

When you remove the herbs, the pictures are very simple. Simple enough to use them as a guide to draw a similar picture and making yourself the main character.

Many of the court cards contain some subtle action.

Many of the cards and LWB meanings provide fuel to write affirmations.

I got stuck in an art therapy group that went all wrong. We were given a list of affirmations and were supposed to pick one and illustrate it. The affirmations were making everyone with severe trauma backgrounds sick :-0 People were leaving the room, acting out, and just having strange reactions. Of course as usual when this type of thing happens the leader just gets annoyed and doesn't try to problem solve what's wrong, and people were left to cope the best they could on their own.

At first I panicked and then put the sheet away and then started doodling...but then I started thinking. I read affirmations from "Power Tarot" all the time and really like them.

As discreetly as possible, I pulled out my Herbal Tarot and asked the woman beside me to pick a card for me as I was afraid to shuffle and attract attention. She had resorted to coloring a picture of a cute puppy given to her by a low functioning group member who carries around such things :-0

She gave me the Page of Wands. I'll try and scan my very childish drawing later. I was able to easily use the card as a guide to draw a simple illustration and write an affirmation for it. I hike towards a new dawn. It was very interesting to be able to use a court card to write an action verb based affirmation.

I added a path towards the rising run and drew a blonde woman instead of the page, but otherwise just copied the picture.

I was only one of two woman in a large group who was able to produce an illustrated affirmation. I wouldn't have been able to do it without the Herbal Tarot. And I discovered a few surprising things about the deck, as posted at the beginning of this post. Especially the subtle action of the courts.
Top   #14