the all-singing, all-dancing ENABLING THREAD!

missy

emmsma said:
Oh you must get them, missy. Stella is quite lovely and sweet. Reads well right outta the box - even if its supposed to be Thoth based.

And you DESERVE them. Life is hard. You must remember to reward yourself.

I do deserve them. }) Although now I have started thinking maybe I will get the Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle before I get the Stella. As lovely as Stella is, the Faery Oracle is calling meeeeeee! :eek:

And life *is* hard. And has been especially lately with mountains of stress. Raising orphaned kittens being much harder than I thought it would be! :joke: But seriously, I do think I deserve a reward. :party: And I like Thoth-based decks, as long as they aren't Thoth. I can't seem to wrap myself around the Thoth imagery, but I adore the Rohrig. It and I get along most splendidly. :D

missy

F.M. Tarot said:
Missy how could you not buy the Heart Tarot? Now what other heart-shaped Tarots are out there? Besides you already love the artists work in Circle of Life and from the sketches and photos you can already tell this will be just as wonderful if not better! I know you'll really regret cancelling that pre-order!

You have talked me into it! :heart: :heart: :heart: Full steam ahead on the Heart Tarot! :love: I am *not*, I repeat, not canceling my pre-order for the Heart Tarot! :D I might just leave my Shining Angels pre-order alone as well, although admittedly if you saw the link I posted to the artwork you might say I still need some enabling on that one. :bugeyed:

And I think I am almost full steam ahead ready to order the Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle ... at least, as soon as I have some idea what the text says. :party: I just have a feeling I would love it. Although, what does the text say? :laugh: I hope good things! :D

So at this point, I have the two pre-orders for the Heart Tarot and the Shining Angels, with the Shining Angels being the most tentative. But it is a pretty round deck. }) Although I would be interested in your opinion of the artwork. It seems they would sell more if they would post pix of the art! :eek:

And then there is the possibility of me sometime tonight or tomorrow pressing that one-click order to get the Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle to me by Wednesday. :party: :heart: :surprise: Although part of me is still holding out, needing to be enabled on that darned artwork (so small!) and the darned text, which I am clueless about! But it looks pretttttty. :eek:

BeyondtheVeil

missy_ said:
LOL. :D Well, I would not like it if it looks like that. :p In fact, that is why I am kinda worried about the very small, hard-to-see artwork which is shown on both Amazon and the publisher's website. :bugeyed: Same artwork; you can take a look at it. I think it looks kind of "sketch"-y and not in a good way. :eek:

Artwork is here. Click on zoom to the max. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/0738719307/

From what I could see of them, I think they look cute. If you like them I would definitely buy them. I guess I pictured actual kiddie drawings. :laugh:

missy_ said:
Yes, and why I am drawn to this one I have no idea! I am not exactly religious; more the opposite, :bugeyed: so the idea of a deck with angels in it is kind of funny that it should appear on my wish list. :surprise: But I think I am thinking of them as benevolent spirits or our guides or a more general use of the term "angels."

It just matters that you are, right? I am thinking of getting the Messages from your Guardian Angels... I'm not really religious either. They just speak to me.

missy_ said:
I agree! And being kind of stressed out lately, maybe just what I need is a few decks rolling in for me to feast my eyes on. :party:

That is right! You deserve to have some new 'prizes" for yourself! Enjoy! :love:

BTV

nisaba

I need to be enabled on not feeling guilty about my collection. Give me a reason to hang onto them and not feel selfish.

(In case any of you were wondering if I've gone *completely* mad, I'm hoping this is just a temporary lapse in transmission, and normal programming will be returned to you as soon as possible).

Brigid

How much joy do they give you when you are down?
Just sitting, looking through that amazing art gallery in a basket!
Memories that come flooding back with certain decks..
How could you feel guilty about that? :)

nisaba said:
I need to be enabled on not feeling guilty about my collection. Give me a reason to hang onto them and not feel selfish.

(In case any of you were wondering if I've gone *completely* mad, I'm hoping this is just a temporary lapse in transmission, and normal programming will be returned to you as soon as possible).

nisaba

Bingo. Cured. My, *that* was quick!

I think it was the "basket" bit that did it - you've done your research. How could I ever have doubted.

(But do I *deserve* the art gallery in a basket ...)

Brigid

Great!! Job well done! :D
And of course you deserve it!

nisaba said:
Bingo. Cured. My, *that* was quick!

I think it was the "basket" bit that did it - you've done your research. How could I ever have doubted.

(But do I *deserve* the art gallery in a basket ...)

victoria.star

nisaba said:

Your poetic soul itself is enough reason to not feel selfish, Nisaba.
You share your poetry with the world and your thanks from the cosmic energy is your collection...
Enjoy, dear Nisaba, and keep on collectin' :)

missy

Quantum tarot

Okay, here's a task for you.

The venerable Quantum tarot is going OOP. I look at it and my eyes glaze over. :bugeyed: Why should I care about cards with all that TIME AND SPACE AND PHYSICS AND ... ***agony*** in them?

Can I be enabled in time to buy the deck while it's still reasonably priced?

I hear people singing the praises of this deck. I like oversized decks, that feel good in the hand. I like decks whose images sing for me.

This deck falls flatter than a pancake. And I'm a huge Star Trek fan, so I love space. At least, in theory. But IMO, outer space does not belong on a deck.

And is anyone *actually* going to tell me that they read with this deck??? I mean, really??? Maybe if you are a pro tarot reader who can read with anything. But what about us mortals? :bugeyed:

I don't want any punches pulled; I want *straight,* honest answers!

Now try to enable that! :D

nisaba

missy_ said:
The venerable Quantum tarot is going OOP. I look at it and my eyes glaze over. :bugeyed: Why should I care about cards with all that TIME AND SPACE AND PHYSICS AND ... ***agony*** in them?
Because life, Tarot and mysticism are ALL about time, space and physics! they're the fundamental building-blocks of everything about us, physical. mental and spiritual. Do you choose to live in ignorance like people suppressed by the Spanish Inquisition, or do you want your eyes opened to the wonders of the universe?

missy_ said:
Can I be enabled in time to buy the deck while it's still reasonably priced?
Absolutely.

Buy now.

missy_ said:
I hear people singing the praises of this deck.
Words fail us. It's impossible to convey how positive this deck is for us. Our enabling words are a mere chimera of what they're trying to convey.

Buy now.

missy_ said:
I like oversized decks, that feel good in the hand. I like decks whose images sing for me.
It is not oversized-tall, but it is oversized-wide, and it is oversized-thick. It feels good an' chunky, a reassuring deck to hold. you're left with the impression that it's a Deck Of Substance. And while all decks have some lovers and some detractors, I don't think I've seen a single negative post about this deck. I'd know - I'd be on their case in an instant.

missy_ said:
This deck falls flatter than a pancake. And I'm a huge Star Trek fan, so I love space. At least, in theory. But IMO, outer space does not belong on a deck.
Have you *seen* the deck? It's far more serious and far more beautiful than Startrek, which is all about polished plastic hallways, odd makeup jobs, sexual politics and expensive minimal furniture, not space itself.

And Quantum Mechanics is not, actually, the science of space - that's astro-physics. Quantum mechanics is the science of the very small, of subatomic particles which are the building-blocks of the world and the spirit, of quantum foam which arguably is where spiritual awareness and communication begins, of irresistible forces like gravity, electricity (and who hasn't had it crackle during a sexually charged reading?), the Strong Force (which keeps atoms together and prevents us disintegrating into meaninglessness) and so forth, communication between particles (how much more mystical than that can you get?) and so on and so forth. What happens at the level of the very, very tiny is mystical and fascinating.

missy_ said:
And is anyone *actually* going to tell me that they read with this deck??? I mean, really??? Maybe if you are a pro tarot reader who can read with anything. But what about us mortals? :bugeyed:
All the time. And I definitely can't read with anything. And it is the
ONLY deck that has EVER given a stranger, a client, a brilliant reading right out of the box before I've had a chance to spend time with it. (They fell in love with it on my table, where I had it to learn on between clients, and wouldn't listen to me when I told them they had to choose between half a dozen other decks and that I was just learning that one, they fell in love with it instantly, and two days ago an ancient Peruvian village-woman whose *daughter* was 71 instantly fell in love with it.

missy_ said:
I don't want any punches pulled; I want *straight,* honest answers!
I dare and challenge you to call ANYTHING I've said less than the strict truth!

missy_ said:
Now try to enable that! :D
<sigh> I can't. My enabling skills fail me. No one can find the words to tell you how exceptional this deck is. All I can say is it's the best thing to happen to Tarot since the Visconti-Sforza.

I realise that's inadequate. And that's just for general conversation, it's criminally negligent for an enabling thread.