the all-singing, all-dancing ENABLING THREAD!

tarotmama

chickandegg said:
I get the funny feeling my family is still expecting Christmas presents...

Just offer tarot readings instead. Like this:

You: Merry Christmas Mom! (or Dad, Sis, Auntie, etc.)
Them: Merry Christmas! Here's your present.
You: Oh, thanks! Hey, sorry, but I couldn't afford to get anyone presents this year.
Them: Oh, that's okay.
You: But instead I'd like to give you a tarot reading with this really cool trees deck I just got.
Them: Oh that is neat!
You: Yeah, I totally just bought it last week...

chickandegg

tarotmama said:
Just offer tarot readings instead. Like this:

You: Merry Christmas Mom! (or Dad, Sis, Auntie, etc.)
Them: Merry Christmas! Here's your present.
You: Oh, thanks! Hey, sorry, but I couldn't afford to get anyone presents this year.
Them: Oh, that's okay.
You: But instead I'd like to give you a tarot reading with this really cool trees deck I just got.
Them: Oh that is neat!
You: Yeah, I totally just bought it last week...
:laugh:

SarahRacheal said:
Don't worry about it, it's only 6 weeks till next year })
Get thee behind me, Satan! I shall not be tempted...

nisaba

chickandegg said:
Get thee behind me, Satan! I shall not be tempted...
Yes you shall! There's *another* thread for not being tempted in.

emmsma

chickandegg, you make me smile. I think I shall watch you to see how long before the next deck binge. :)

You are not alone. I've been stopping for 6 months. I am now expecting about 3 or 4 decks.

Have you ever seen the Enochian Tarot. I've only just discovered it and its amazing.
http://www.schuelers.com/enochian/

Check it out! You should get it too!

chickandegg

Nice try

emmsma said:
chickandegg, you make me smile. I think I shall watch you to see how long before the next deck binge. :)

You are not alone. I've been stopping for 6 months. I am now expecting about 3 or 4 decks.

Have you ever seen the Enochian Tarot. I've only just discovered it and its amazing.
http://www.schuelers.com/enochian/

Check it out! You should get it too!
How *thoughtful* of you to direct my attention to this interesting new deck. But really, I'm already still just getting to know my Mystic Dreamer. My hands will be full for awhile once my new decks start arriving!

kabang

I have a task for you enablers! An odd task, I think.

I've already decided to buy an Illuminated. But I need your help... Do I buy NOW and get the regular medium-size with no iridescent paint? Or do I wait till after Christmas (sigh) and get the shiny paint? Is the iridescence worth it? I WANT the iridescence, but it's very expensive.

Help me, oh demons of temptation! :)

Dusk Till Dawn

kabang said:
I have a task for you enablers! An odd task, I think.

I've already decided to buy an Illuminated. But I need your help... Do I buy NOW and get the regular medium-size with no iridescent paint? Or do I wait till after Christmas (sigh) and get the shiny paint? Is the iridescence worth it? I WANT the iridescence, but it's very expensive.

Help me, oh demons of temptation! :)
You should wait! It's absolutely worth it! I have the pocket with no extras, the large iredescent with Glitter, and the medium iredescent double painted. I love them all. But the iredescent makes the Deck glow! You can sink in the colors. You probably have to wait anyway for your Deck, the Holidays are coming up, and I am sure she is very busy. It's worth every penny, to have a Deck that is especially made for you. Get the screensaver, and stare at it every day until you get it. LOL. That makes it even worse. But you can adore the cards every time you look at your screen.