Black Obsidian Scrying Ball

HearthCricket

Ethereal_Phoenix said:
As much as I love the idea of a golden shimmering ball the pure black just looks so much more like a doorway into the unknown. (hoping not to get too far off topic)Are there any tips you have for interpreting?

Not at all, as this is the divination section. I would peek at a few other threads on scrying and really do what works best for you. Night? Day? What kind of lighting? What kind of atmosphere will work best for you? What do you need to do to get those excess thoughts out of your mind? Practice, practice, practice, but don't force it. I started fire scrying at a very early age, so scrying has always come naturally to me, but I need the house quiet and private, no voices or disturbance of any kind, so phones, etc., get turned off. Scrying takes time. Don't give up. Don't expect much on the first few tries. Sometimes I can tune in and get some very accurate information. Other times nothing but fog or maybe just an image or two. I can't force it. I find it far harder to scry than read tarot, oracles or runes. It is on a completely different plane. But I think too many people give up before they have the chance to really get going because they are frustrated with themselves. Scrying can also be very personal and dig up things unexpected. A book on symbols might be helpful, but keep your mind open. What a feather means to one person means something completely different to another. And that feather will mean something different in each scrying session. Good luck and enjoy!

celticnoodle

HC gives some very helpful hints there for scrying. a few things I'll add to it--sometimes it can give you a headache. so if you do feel one coming on--STOP!!! immeditately and put the scrying material away for another day.

also--don't FORCE it. for me, and for many others I know who scry--it took many tries at it before getting anything. when you begin to see a 'fog' or clouds, you know you are close. or at least again, it was like that for me and others i know who scry. I'm not that good at it--I don't do it much. but, another thing that is really good to have on hand is a dream dictionary. you can use that to interpret symbols--it works great for me! after awhile, you won't need to use it, as you'll be able to figure it out on your own. however, till that time, dream books are wonderful and inexpensive.

as with anything else, though. enjoy yourself. if you cannot enjoy it--then don't do it. they still make gorgeous decor in any room! :)

Ethereal_Phoenix

Well....

I've always enjoyed looking into a candle flame and looking at the images that apppear inside it. When I do that it's usually just in a regular lit room sitting on a chair at my altar. Also, I am a psychic (always have been) very often my third eye will tingle but sometimes I'll feel TOO enlightened and get a headache, hopefully scrying into a ball will be no different from a flame because the flame I'm rather good at and rarely get a headache. OH! I just remembered something I was going to say earlier, I will often interpret wax poured into water but those symbols are much harder. :(

Ethereal_Phoenix

Now I remember!

Do you have to and is it possible to bond with an Obsidian Sphere like a Crystal one? :)

celticnoodle

I do not see why not! :)

FatesLady

I just wanted to say that you guys suck. Yup, totally suck. I just went out and bought a golden sheen obsidian sphere thanks to you. I can't wait for it to get here, now.

celticnoodle

:laugh:

very cool though FatesLady! be sure to let us know how well it works for you. :)

AJ

FatesLady...hopeless.

I've been looking at a friends clear sphere for years, it might just be glass, it has bubbles in it, but it is SO stunning.
Divination is way to fun to be legal. Maybe that's why outsiders hate us so :)

HearthCricket

FatesLady said:
I just wanted to say that you guys suck. Yup, totally suck. I just went out and bought a golden sheen obsidian sphere thanks to you. I can't wait for it to get here, now.

LOL Cool! I can't wait to hear more about it and how you get on! Yes, this thread is very enabling. I have been eyeing a scrying plate for a few weeks and hubby is picking it up tomorrow. I've never tried one of these, but it is black and obsidian (I believe) and will be my first attempt to scry with something solid and shiny, not counting my little seer stones made of black onyx, which are quite useful and portable! Photos to come once I have it in my greedy hands...