1-time January Rune Circle? Plus great Rune threads...

Stormdancer

Barbaras Ahajusts said:
stormdancer339, on another page, there is a post talking about Eason's rune book & the three sizes of the circles. It's post #50...
http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=2095311&postcount=50
Yeah..I saw this...and wondered what the circles signified? what a rune landing in one or the other might mean? But I suppose it's all in the book.

Still a BEAUTIFUL throw cloth though...

Stormdancer

Mellaenn said:
So I bought a bag of the blue and aqua pebbles and a metallic silver sharpie and voila! Runes a la Mellaenn! :grin:
You are my hero!..You know that don't ya??? Really though, I LOVE those glass bits....and I am really excited to hear how your experiment works out. For some reason the WOOD idea really works for me though...
might just be related to the "treetopvilla" email, and my physical "Twiggy" appearance...LOL

Anyone got any thoughts on the "stave" thing??? Is it just a size thing?

AND..is there a thread that talks specifically about Nordic v Anglo?

I know there is a great site somewhere...sunny something or other, but I am tired....nevermind..not your problem..I am off to the sunny site

silverwings94

My pewter runes are winging their way to me right now. I can't wait till they get here. But I'll be much more excited when my runes from Wales Woman start flying from Alaska.I've been dreaming of them and holding them in my hands all week. I just love cedar and those are so beautiful. I will be using them when we do the rune circle in January.

silverwings94

stormdancer339 said:
You are my hero!..You know that don't ya??? Really though, I LOVE those glass bits....and I am really excited to hear how your experiment works out. For some reason the WOOD idea really works for me though...
might just be related to the "treetopvilla" email, and my physical "Twiggy" appearance...LOL

Anyone got any thoughts on the "stave" thing??? Is it just a size thing?

AND..is there a thread that talks specifically about Nordic v Anglo?

I know there is a great site somewhere...sunny something or other, but I am tired....nevermind..not your problem..I am off to the sunny site

Maybe waleswoman knows, She makes Staves as well as runes.
So waleswoman what is the difference in staves and runes?

AJ

Interesting. So staves are more along the line of Druid Sticks.
I should ask her if she has ever thought of making those. Alta has a great set and does amazing readings with them. OT but hey, it's our thread.

Last thing before I go to sleep I've been memorizing rune shapes and keywords. I have 9 runes down pat now :) and can draw their shapes in my sleep~

I have Caitlin Matthews Celtic Wisdom Sticks which could be called staves

silverwings94

My wooden one are just beautiful. They are the ones that I ordered from Waleswoman and they are flying to me right now I can't wait for them to get here. They have the Tree of Life etched on one side and the Rune on the other. I fell in love with them instantly.
I will be using these for the Rune circle. I am so excited I can't wait for them to get here. I want to do an intense study with the Runes.I've started in the past and gave up , but with these new ones I really want to do alot of work and study with them.

silverwings94

AJ said:
Interesting. So staves are more along the line of Druid Sticks.
I should ask her if she has ever thought of making those. Alta has a great set and does amazing readings with them. OT but hey, it's our thread.

Last thing before I go to sleep I've been memorizing rune shapes and keywords. I have 9 runes down pat now :) and can draw their shapes in my sleep~

I have Caitlin Matthews Celtic Wisdom Sticks which could be called staves

I can see most of the runes when I think about them, but then I don't remember their names. I have their shapes in my head but not all the name. Some of them are a little hard to pronounce correctly. I think I want to do a intense study of them and work with a rune a week getting to know all I can about it.

Asbestos Mango

I'm in.

I'm making my runes right now. Out of Sculpey.

I'm new to runes, although I had a set of rune cards years back. I'm anxious to start learning to use them.

Mellaenn

Well, I drew out my runes on the glass pebbles with the silver sharpie and they look cool. Found a nice little bag to put them in. Then I tried to cast them and they all landed face down. :(

The pebbles are rounded on one side and flat on the other, and I drew the runes on the round side. However, when you throw them, they have a natural tendency to land on the flat side. (Silly me!)

However, I have a big bag of more pebbles, so I'll give it another go. I think Edison made hundreds of light bulbs that failed before he found the one that worked. :grin: