Golden Tarot

Gerbear

The US Games catalog does say October for the release, but when October passed, I checked at the US Games website and found out that the release date had been pushed back to November. So, it should be soon.

Lee

According to Jeannette at Tarot Garden, it should be ready to ship by the end of November.

-- Lee

Jeannette

Release Update

Sad news, folks -- I just received word directly from U.S. Games yesterday that the anticipated release timeframe has now been pushed back to December. Those who preordered the deck through us will be getting a broadcast email with more updates as they become available.

-- Jeannette
http://www.tarotgarden.com

retrokat

At least I can tell you WHY now....

Sorry about the delay (yet again) of the release of Golden Tarot.

Apparently there was a problem due to the incompatability of the gilded edges & the varnish, so USGS decided to delay release and get the problem sorted.

Painful though it is to have to wait, I prefer that they did that than risked releasing a deck that couldn't withstand everyday use.

I guess teething problems like this were the risk we took on when they decided to make it such a lush high-quality edition. Should look a lot better than the usual cheap cruddy printer's embossing foils that are often used on "gilded" decks - or at least I hope so after all these months :)

US Games have also advised me that they're having a large booth at a New Age Retailer's Trade Show in Florida in January, and that Golden Tarot will be making it's first real public appearance there. Pity I can't be there, but I guess Australia's a bit far away to pop over for a couple of days ;)

I'm hoping to get a substantive release date from the publishers within the next day or two & will let you know here (not that I expect you'll believe me any more!).

Khatruman

As they say: Good things come to those who wait. Willing to wait for this wonderful deck. :D

Myrrha

Jaaaanuary!! Where is the emoticon for weeping?

:) Oh well, I am glad that US Games is taking this deck as seriously as it deserves to be taken.

--Myrrha

LadyMedusa

:eek: Nooooo

:( I can't have a Golden Tarot in my stocking this year :(
Then I will just have to find something else Golden to replace it.

Hmm...I suppose that a pretty new necklace would substitutute.

January is it to be then? Well it does get rather mundane around here in the winter months after the holiday season is over. A new deck as beautiful as Kat's :) will certainly do wonders to chase the doldrums away.

Now where did I put my sharpie marker and that sale ad? }) I have some not so subtle hinting to do....

Sulis

Sadness reins throughout the land - I don't really have much of a wishlist as I'm trying not to buy decks just for the sake of it but I did so want this one for Yule :(

Oh well...................

Sulis :( :( :(

Mystic Zyl

January, oh, I wanted this as a gift for Christmas, so did my girlfriend that reads. I want one now ( stamping my foot)!