1-time January Rune Circle? Plus great Rune threads...

Barbaras Ahajusts

AJ said:
And I love the new phrase "get my Wunjo on" :)
:laugh:
When I read that I remembered one descriptions of wyn was wind blowing through my hair & then wondering if the pollen count was going to mess up a fine windy day! :laugh:

Barbaras Ahajusts

silverwings94 said:
I'm in for february too. I'm loving this learning more about the Runes and myself at the same time.
I'll wait till after the 20th of January to post the sign up for February's Rune Circle!:D:D:D

Barbaras Ahajusts

Suggested spread for February

I'll post a separate thread later, but here is something I found to take another step with.

This spread is read Right to Left

-3-xxxxxxxxxxx-2-xxxxxxxxxx-1-
Disruption.....Challenge......Overview (on whatever question ask)

Since everyone did so great with January's reading, I thought I would suggest this one as it's more structured.

Any thoughts? :)

AJ

Having the overview 1st is a braintickler. Be gentle, I'm old :)

In a way though it is like the 3 card spread I use most often when reading for myself, with me at the top of the triangle, situation on the left, and solution on the right. Self as an overview is pretty much the same thing I think, it makes me fess up or hark up whatever is bothering me.

I think the readings have been OUTSTANDING! I noticed this morning the threads are getting lots of hits, so maybe we'd have an even bigger turnout for February. Super, if so.

Stormdancer

Barbaras Ahajusts said:
I'll post a separate thread later, but here is something I found to take another step with.

This spread is read Right to Left

-3-xxxxxxxxxxx-2-xxxxxxxxxx-1-
Disruption.....Challenge......Overview (on whatever question ask)

Since everyone did so great with January's reading, I thought I would suggest this one as it's more structured.

Any thoughts? :)
K....hoping you're open for feed back on this??? I try REALLY hard NOT to read in a linear way, especially horizontally....whether it's left to right, or right to left. For use as a "SUGGESTION" works for me, but I really liked the "free" form that we all used in the Jan thread.

I just got my "real wooden runes" today...and how do those folks that actually "throw" their runes work within this framework??

Since many of us are beginners...very VERY much beginners..

I am feeling like such a "spoiler" here....I think the OPTION of using this spread is interesting, but it's not one I will use.

AJ

this thread is for suggestions! Each persons opinion is valuable!

I think I'm the only one with a cloth (which I just love) and I've decided 'throw' is a misnomer, I think 'cast' might be a more romantic word. What I did was 'drop' the runes from 8-9 inches above the center of my cloth. It has worked great every time, I've gotten a good overall pattern.

I included a picture of my cast for Emily, post #23 in the reading thread.
Part of what I love about the runes is that we Can fling/roll/cast/draw, all or only one. The query will call to us...

Barbaras Ahajusts

The above spread is to bounce ideas around with. Since we are new at reading for each other in a circle, I found this spread online & wanted to throw it out here to discuss.
Later on we can get serious & old & do bass-ackward readings like it lays!:laugh:

Emily

AJ said:
this thread is for suggestions! Each persons opinion is valuable!

I included a picture of my cast for Emily, post #23 in the reading thread.
Part of what I love about the runes is that we Can fling/roll/cast/draw, all or only one. The query will call to us...

I think your casting cloth is beautiful - I couldn't get into the feel of Aulruna's reading by the throw method so I did just draw the runes from the bag but I don't usually use set spreads - I like the freedom of just taking runes and reading them, not having to place them in a specific way.

Like stormdancer339, I like the option of using a spread form if you want, and some probably will, but I'm keen to practise the 'throwing' method.

AJ

I've PMed a 'last minute is here' reminder to the few who haven't provided their readings yet.

hippiewitchie

Barbaras Ahajusts said:
AJ,
You have made me think. I am going to host February's rune reading! :D
I love that idea...of course I like any idea that leaves me in charge.:laugh:

:D:D
Oh Yay! Another Circle is planned! Reading the whole thread has been lots of fun I totally am looking forward to doing it again.